GEN 2 Supercab rear window moldings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VBuffone

Reaction score
Wondering if any supercab owners are experiencing the rear window molding not sitting flush on the door. Basically what is happening is the rubber trim sits in a clip that has teeth to hold it down but from factory the design either works or you end up with a molding that don't sit flush. From other scab trucks I looked at seems to be 50/50 they are either good or peeling up. I had Ford try to fix this under warranty on my 2015 xlt I had before the Raptor, but they only made it worse and even sent it to a few different body shops. They told me it's just the way it is designed. It's not as bad on the new truck, but this window molding design does not seem to be that great, and not really many options to get it fixed properly.

be2f744add8e2fc68f2a14424329c7eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine seem to be sitting nice and flat.

I know, I know....the Bruins suck. :wwwd:

Attachments

• SAM_0631.jpg
    SAM_0631.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 118
OP
OP
V

VBuffone

Reaction score
Mine seem to be sitting nice and flat.

I know, I know....the Bruins suck. :wwwd:

Haha I'm actually from Worcester MA, so I'm a bruins fan. But yeah my molding on my passenger side is nice like that one. Just my drivers side is coming up. Thinking of going to a body shop just afraid they will make it worse.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha I'm actually from Worcester MA, so I'm a bruins fan. But yeah my molding on my passenger side is nice like that one. Just my drivers side is coming up. Thinking of going to a body shop just afraid they will make it worse.

Good luck...
Right as I was posting that pic I noticed the reflection of my Bruins shirt on the truck. :biggrin:

lars464

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine sit perfectly flat. I would bet if the dealer replaced yours, they would sit flat as well.

Flyers fan myself.

OP
OP
V

VBuffone

Reaction score
I had this same issue on my 2015 xlt dealer replaced them several times and they could not get it to sit flat. So I'm kinda sketched out to go back to them and maybe try a body shop I trust.

OP
OP
V

VBuffone

Reaction score
Open the door :) Easy to get to you can use a regular T-handle.

Ok I'll check it. Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Open the door :) Easy to get to you can use a regular T-handle.

I see a screw on the main door molding but the rear half door I don't see one [emoji24]