Stubby Antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Do the stubbies on amazon come with the calibration number? Also, can anyone confirm that after retuning the stubby, is the reception as good as the stock antenna?

Yes they should, if they don't then you'll know you got a Chinese copy and you should return it to Amazon and request one that does have it. As long as you calibrate it with the procedure I outlined, your reception will be very similar to the stock antenna.

BigRedRuf

Reaction score
So much troll in this post LOL.

To help out any extremely gullible people who just can't see sarcasm or humor over text on the internet..

YES the Stubby will effect range / quality unless you live near a broadcast station, city should be fine but if you are one of them guys out in the rural areas w/o local stations, you WILL suffer.

YES it's an EXTREMELY easy install. Can you assemble and reassemble a pen? Then you can handle this job. There is NO TUNING

I listen to Sirius/XM Howard 100-101 99.9% of the time. I swapped to a stubby for cosmetic appearance like $20 on amazon if I recall.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
So much troll in this post LOL.

To help out any extremely gullible people who just can't see sarcasm or humor over text on the internet..

YES the Stubby will effect range / quality unless you live near a broadcast station, city should be fine but if you are one of them guys out in the rural areas w/o local stations, you WILL suffer.

YES it's an EXTREMELY easy install. Can you assemble and reassemble a pen? Then you can handle this job. There is NO TUNING

I listen to Sirius/XM Howard 100-101 99.9% of the time. I swapped to a stubby for cosmetic appearance like $20 on amazon if I recall.

Well you're a whole bucket of fun. This is why we can't have nice things. :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found this thread to be very informative, enough though I don't own a Gen 2. I was thinking I would buy one. But after reading all this and learning the steps that are required just to get the antenna to work correctly, I have decided just to keep my Gen 1. If it's that much of an headache just to change the antenna, I can't imagine how hard it is to put gas in it, or add air to the tires, or god forbid open the hood on the Gen 2. You all saved my thousands of dollars and hours of sitting in the fetal position rocking back and forth. This thread should be a sticky!

lars464

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I tackled this mod last Sunday. It was a perfect day to get it done. I will post a more detailed description of how to install soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 96

Jrnring

Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys could help. I´m trying to order the antenna for my truck but dont knwo what type of mount the antenna has.. Is it the male screw or female.
I have my truck 800 miles away from me and I´m traveling next week to pick it up and bring it home but would like todo the antenna mod when picking up.
Can any one help? Thanks in advanced