Stubby Antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you'll have to tune it. If you go into your radio page, select settings, then hold the 7 and 8 key while simultaneously pressing the heated steering wheel button it will let you into the engineering menu. Once you're there you'll want to scroll to option 6 - maintenance/dealer functions and then down to option 8-calibrate new antenna. It will prompt your for a length as well as the calibration number that came on the small pink sticker that was on the package. Enter that, and it'll auto tune. Piece of cake.

This is good advice as it will help from getting any "phase distortion".

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, you'll have to tune it. If you go into your radio page, select settings, then hold the 7 and 8 key while simultaneously pressing the heated steering wheel button it will let you into the engineering menu. Once you're there you'll want to scroll to option 6 - maintenance/dealer functions and then down to option 8-calibrate new antenna. It will prompt your for a length as well as the calibration number that came on the small pink sticker that was on the package. Enter that, and it'll auto tune. Piece of cake.

Shit man, this is no joke. I really hope someone does a step by step DIY with a video too. Would be super helpful. I'm color blind so finding that small pink sticker is gonna get me in trouble. ****, I have anxiety just thinking about this mod.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Shit man, this is no joke. I really hope someone does a step by step DIY with a video too. Would be super helpful. I'm color blind so finding that small pink sticker is gonna get me in trouble. ****, I have anxiety just thinking about this mod.

Just wait till you hear about how to re-calibrate the driving modes for 37s....

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
>>>>Just wait till you hear about how to re-calibrate the driving modes for 37s.... <<<<

I've been rolling 37's for years, and your just now telling me this shit. :)

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
>>>>Just wait till you hear about how to re-calibrate the driving modes for 37s.... <<<<

I've been rolling 37's for years, and your just now telling me this shit. :)

Gen1 doesn't need it. Gen2 has phase-matched coaxial cabling running to each wheel to send telemetry data back to the BCM. 35s show as a 250ohm load to the BCM, however in order for driving modes to work correctly with 37's you have to reprogram the BCM to look for a 750ohm load.

This can be done by shorting pins 7 and 42 to pins 13 and 26. Once you've done that you need to go back into the truck, depress the brake pedal for 30 seconds, lock the doors, buckle and unbuckle the center rear passenger's seatbelt 4 times then turn the key on.

You'll see a special screen with a warning saying "Engineering use only...something something warranty void...something something" but you don't care, because only losers would want to run 35s. **** warranties. So you scroll down using the paddle shifters and select menu option 7 "Racing Functions" by smashing the gas pedal.

From there go down to option 3 "Calibration for 37x12.50r17 BFG Projects" Ford knows this is the only tire you should run if you want to win. **** other tires. Select the calibration process and follow the on screen instructions. It will have you back up in 2 clockwise and two counterclockwise circles, then drive forward and do two similar circles. If you did it correctly the motor will emit a mighty V6 roar to let you know you're ready to be a ******* winner.

I told you it's some tough shit to get through.

Edit: Paragraphs...

Last edited:

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For improved reception it says to insert completely into **** prior to mounting. Has anyone tried this and can confirm if this works?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
For improved reception it says to insert completely into **** prior to mounting. Has anyone tried this and can confirm if this works?

:supergay:

What service manual are you reading?

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is this true? This shit just gets more technical by the minute. I might end up just keeping the stocker at this point.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Is this true? This shit just gets more technical by the minute. I might end up just keeping the stocker at this point.

Ford designed this "Works" truck to be completely ready to go off the lot. It's Ready To Race and Win right off the lot. They've stated they don't understand why people want to change the original config.