Stock KO2 Tire Wear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s not there fault, I’ve done a few good burnouts and I drive 90% winding mountain roads with SoCal weather. Also the c rated tires are so smooth on the washboard roads here and in Borego I love them. I usually get new tires every 11 months so they seem to be standard wear. 3rd reason is I got a set of takeoffs with stock polished rims for 1100. After that I am considering trying the KM3’s.

Really it’s a sports truck and I didn’t get it to put econo tires on it. Like everything performance they wear out quicker but they preform well in the snow for the month or three I need it, also do really well in the environment I’m using them. When I finally figure out a way to get a GT350 up the driveway I’m not going to put all seasons on it. In the end Ford tuned the truck with these tires specifically so ideally will work best with the complete system that is the Raptor.

Eh, haven't seen many (if any) make it past 30k with stock tires. The old KOs were known for going 50k. Glad they are holding up about average for you tho. Wear isn't my first concern either, but that's only one department I think they are lacking in.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18K miles running tires @ 35psi and I would say I still have half the life left in the tires.

I haven't even rotated the tires .....

ewm98

Reaction score
I made it to almost 16.5K before I had to replace my stock tires due to flat spots. Tried to get Ford to warranty them and they refused to claiming my aftermarket wheels were the problem even though the shop foreman said it was clearly a problem with the tires. Went the the same size KO2 but in an E load range in hopes of avoiding issues in the future.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got 43k out of mine. But they are split to the core and have chunks missing everywhere from just highway use.

They are also “feathered” horribly. And dry rotting just like the KO’s did.

I have duratracs delivered today that go on Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those looking for replacements, I'll be going with Cooper ST Maxxes for my next go round. Everyone I know personally that has run both says the Cooper is better in every way (except weight) and online threads overwhelmingly say the same thing.

Running 38 psi, 5k mile tire rotations and a lot off-roading and the tires only made it to 24k, I really should have changed them at 20k but I wanted deavers instead.

The rubber is really soft and at about 16k miles they started to wear really quickly with huge chunks missing. By 20k I have around 5 mil at the center. By 24k they were bald at the center.

Grip also changes for the worse as the tires got older. In wet weather the handling was almost scary.

At 11k my wet traction was so bad my wife told me I needed different tires. I drove my 95 Silverado on bald, crappy all-seasons on black ice and had about the same level of grip on my K02s in wet. That was what motivated me to start looking, and I quickly found that the K02s are way overrated.

I've never had a BFG that didn't tank after 10k. They always start to howl and traction plummets.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of you might not be maintaining your tires very well. Rotations EVERY 5k miles, checking pressure every 2-3 weeks, and respecting the load capacity and speed ratings are all necessary to maintain your tires properly.

I have 27k on my factory tires and still ~40% tread depth. I expect to get 45-50k out of them. Yes, I do quite a bit of offroading and a few burnouts here and there. Drove the truck from Detroit to Moab and back for Easter Jeep Safari (hit a bunch of trails and rock crawling), play in the sand dunes twice a month, hit up rocky trails in the UP of Michigan, and tons of road trips. Tires still look and feel great, no complaints here.

Perhaps the tire quality is not consistent with the K02's? Who knows...

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of you might not be maintaining your tires very well. Rotations EVERY 5k miles, checking pressure every 2-3 weeks, and respecting the load capacity and speed ratings are all necessary to maintain your tires properly.

I have 27k on my factory tires and still ~40% tread depth. I expect to get 45-50k out of them. Yes, I do quite a bit of offroading and a few burnouts here and there. Drove the truck from Detroit to Moab and back for Easter Jeep Safari (hit a bunch of trails and rock crawling), play in the sand dunes twice a month, hit up rocky trails in the UP of Michigan, and tons of road trips. Tires still look and feel great, no complaints here.

Perhaps the tire quality is not consistent with the K02's? Who knows...

Im in the same boat, except Ive rotated at 10K. Currently 23K on the truck. Estimating getting at least 40K out of em. The wear is even, no issues.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine get rotated with every oil change at 5k miles. 25k miles and not even close to replacing. I expect 50k out of mine, traction is good and no weird sounds. My truck spends 95% of its life in 4a because of the 93PRX tune.

Last edited: