Stock KO2 Tire Wear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
11500, almost gone. I expect to get about 5000 more miles, going to run them again.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running 38 psi, 5k mile tire rotations and a lot off-roading and the tires only made it to 24k, I really should have changed them at 20k but I wanted deavers instead.

The rubber is really soft and at about 16k miles they started to wear really quickly with huge chunks missing. By 20k I have around 5 mil at the center. By 24k they were bald at the center.

Grip also changes for the worse as the tires got older. In wet weather the handling was almost scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why BFG talked about the "new tread compound", blah blah, but offered no mileage warranty at all on these tires. I think I'm going to sell mine with the stock wheels and upgrade both.

OP
OP
TigerRaptor

TigerRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Plan. I wish I would have sold them when I changed wheels. Find a lighter wheel and go with an E rated tire. Problem solved.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will going up to an E tire make a big difference? Much heavier and stiffer ride compared to C rated?

m2140

Reaction score
Will going up to an E tire make a big difference? Much heavier and stiffer ride compared to C rated?

You can only go to E rated tires now. The C rated KO2s are hard to find and last I checked my tire shop said they are discontinued. E rated will give you a stronger side wall but a stiffer ride. Still the same compound so wear will be the same.

Most good MT or RT tires are E rated.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Why? Not even going to switch to Ds or Es, which actually might last?

It’s not there fault, I’ve done a few good burnouts and I drive 90% winding mountain roads with SoCal weather. Also the c rated tires are so smooth on the washboard roads here and in Borego I love them. I usually get new tires every 11 months so they seem to be standard wear. 3rd reason is I got a set of takeoffs with stock polished rims for 1100. After that I am considering trying the KM3’s.

Really it’s a sports truck and I didn’t get it to put econo tires on it. Like everything performance they wear out quicker but they preform well in the snow for the month or three I need it, also do really well in the environment I’m using them. When I finally figure out a way to get a GT350 up the driveway I’m not going to put all seasons on it. In the end Ford tuned the truck with these tires specifically so ideally will work best with the complete system that is the Raptor.

Last edited: