Stock KO2 Tire Wear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TigerRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of miles are you getting out of your stock KO2s?

I have 16,500 miles on mine and they are down to 4/32s! They were rotated so the wear is even on all 4. I am hard on tires and hoped to get at least 25K but 16.5K is weak. Oh well Ridge Grapplers getting installed on Friday.

DISCLAIMER: I do accelerate hard because it is fun in the Raptor!

ChrisJTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Im at 15k, and it looks like i will get another 20k easily. What psi you running them?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the stock KO2's mounted on aftermarket wheels @ 4k miles and the tire shop said they were wearing a little choppy @ 4k miles. I ran them to 18k miles and then I sold them and the wheels. They looked to be about half tread when I sold them @ 18k miles.

OP
OP
TigerRaptor

TigerRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are toast at 20.

Same problem

Thanks! I saw your post and was hoping to get more feedback as it appears we both like to drive our trucks hard! LOL

The tires do appear to be much softer than my E rated KO2s I had on my previous F150. I know Ford went with the C rated for performance reasons but they do not fit my performance requirements at a mileage of 16.5K.

I could drive mine to 20K but with the rain here in Louisiana it is a bad idea.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s half the fun!

Ever see a raptor drifting?

Lol

Thanks! I saw your post and was hoping to get more feedback as it appears we both like to drive our trucks hard! LOL

The tires do appear to be much softer than my E rated KO2s I had on my previous F150. I know Ford went with the C rated for performance reasons but they do not fit my performance requirements at a mileage of 16.5K.

I could drive mine to 20K but with the rain here in Louisiana it is a bad idea.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4,500 thrown away and moved on...how else are you gonna break it in. Have 17k and on my 3rd set of tires.

m2140

Reaction score
Running 38 psi, 5k mile tire rotations and a lot off-roading and the tires only made it to 24k, I really should have changed them at 20k but I wanted deavers instead.

The rubber is really soft and at about 16k miles they started to wear really quickly with huge chunks missing. By 20k I have around 5 mil at the center. By 24k they were bald at the center.

Grip also changes for the worse as the tires got older. In wet weather the handling was almost scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk