Specialty Forge Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone thinking of new wheels. Do not go with Specialty Forged for wheels. They may look nice but take forever to have built. Ordered mine in November 2017 and still waiting. Horrible customer service, also saying that since I paid up front and want to cancel the order they can't refund since it was a custom order. Never again and would advise anyone considering to find an alternate wheel company.

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the owners cell # Carlos is his name have you spoke to him? The Specialty Forged wheels are made by MHT and took three three months to get mine with the Holidays and blah blah blah you are getting close ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

There is really nothing you can do and that’s why unless you have a good relationship with a supplier you will have to pay up front as they are custom made to your vehicle .. I understand your frustration but you are one of MANY in the same boat. Waiting on a set of Forged wheels for my sons Bmw and it’s been three months and change

OP
OP
B

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes that is the story I am hearing on mine, holidays, paint issues, etc. The color I am having them is not the easiest to get done properly is what the latest hold up is, you would think matte bronze wouldn't be that hard.

I ordered these wheel on November 29th and I am hoping to have them shipped by the weekend as I have paid in full at the time of ordering. I haven't spoken with Carlos since I am letting the guys that are doing the build handle it for me since they have a good relationship with them. Evidentially it seems like SF treat everyone the same when it comes to the urgency of getting orders completed. Just very frustrating since we started my build the 1st of Feb and the truck is currently still waiting on the lift so we can finish.

I have advised them that if they don't get them shipped soon that I will figure out a way to have the order refunded as I have another manufacturer (Strasse Wheels) that has contacted me that says they can have me a set by next week in the same color. Had I would have known SF takes this long I would have gone with them from the beginning.

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that is the story I am hearing on mine, holidays, paint issues, etc. The color I am having them is not the easiest to get done properly is what the latest hold up is, you would think matte bronze wouldn't be that hard.

I ordered these wheel on November 29th and I am hoping to have them shipped by the weekend as I have paid in full at the time of ordering. I haven't spoken with Carlos since I am letting the guys that are doing the build handle it for me since they have a good relationship with them. Evidentially it seems like SF treat everyone the same when it comes to the urgency of getting orders completed. Just very frustrating since we started my build the 1st of Feb and the truck is currently still waiting on the lift so we can finish.

I have advised them that if they don't get them shipped soon that I will figure out a way to have the order refunded as I have another manufacturer (Strasse Wheels) that has contacted me that says they can have me a set by next week in the same color. Had I would have known SF takes this long I would have gone with them from the beginning.

I understand your frustration but it will be worth it! SF puts out some great looking wheels! I had a set built for My sons previous truck.
I will promote a manufacturer that is BY FAR the fastest production time and does stellar work . From design to production and delivered in less than 5 weeks lincluding a Holiday and shipping ..d6a93958b0a83b71db567bd264888604.jpg1edbf3592b62534435fe89eb5eeb0a2e.jpgAvant Garde delivered a one off set for my Raptor.. aa83af355c3cf7998d10e8a642b96327.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand your frustration but it will be worth it! SF puts out some great looking wheels! I had a set built for My sons previous truck.
I will promote a manufacturer that is BY FAR the fastest production time and does stellar work . From design to production and delivered in less than 5 weeks lincluding a Holiday and shipping ..d6a93958b0a83b71db567bd264888604.jpg1edbf3592b62534435fe89eb5eeb0a2e.jpgAvant Garde delivered a one off set for my Raptor.. aa83af355c3cf7998d10e8a642b96327.jpg

Those look great. That is the design I started with but was talked out into a different style. The reason I was going with Strasse is because they have done wheels for my wife's Maserati that came out great. I will have to check out AG for another build I will be doing later this year.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the owners cell # Carlos is his name have you spoke to him? The Specialty Forged wheels are made by MHT and took three three months to get mine with the Holidays and blah blah blah you are getting close ..

I thought Carlos cut the wheels and MHT only supplied the blank forgings?

OP
OP
B

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally arrived yesterday. Build should be complete this weekend.
qvTtGIwVo9dkTXQf2

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything custom takes time. 8-10 weeks is the norm in the wheel industry. Yes some can get you them sooner but that would be a simple design with a simple finish.

That bronze color is not a simple bronze it looks to be a brushed bronze tinted and you have black cut out windows. No wonder the wheel took so long. Also of course you have to pay up front. Everything is pay up front in this world. I dont think I have ever received good from a vendor without 100% payment.

Patience is the key, and you should say thank you to SF those wheels look good and they look original.