Simoniz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trooper177

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer offered to have Simoniz coating applied to paint for $500. Anyone have this done? Is it worth it? Or waste of $$?

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer offered to have Simoniz coating applied to paint for $500. Anyone have this done? Is it worth it? Or waste of $$?

In my opinion it's a waste. There are detail shops out there that can apply the ceramic coating to your paint and it's like having kevlar over the paint. Apparently, they cut into the clear coat, then apply the ceramic coating with a squeegee and it fills all the pores in the paint...basically taking away the chance of leaving swirl marks that you would typically see in black paint if you dry it or wipe it wrong. The guy I talked to swore by it. Said it was about $900 for a mustang, but it took about 10 full hours to do the job. I'd research that in your area before spending $500 for dealer installed product.

kdkellie

Reaction score
Trooper where are you located? Coatings will only recduce marring and swirls. They don't eliminate them. They are either sprayed on via hvlp gun or suede applicator pad. Your best route would be to have ppf installed with a new car prep then a coating applied on top. I posted a job I did on a AG a couple weeks back.

Sent from my BBA100-1 using Tapatalk

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno I had the dealer Simoniz our vette and it still looks great after almost 2yrs now. very easy to keep clean. It might even be the same as ceramic coating. It came in the same size bottle as most ceramic coatings do and the same clear color.

OP
OP
T

Trooper177

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Northwest Connecticut. The paint finish after treatment on a NEW vehicle is guaranteed for at least 7 years. It may have just been bumped up more. I have an email out to the company inquiring.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Northwest Connecticut. The paint finish after treatment on a NEW vehicle is guaranteed for at least 7 years. It may have just been bumped up more. I have an email out to the company inquiring.

my detail guy would take care of you. he is located in Connecticut. i plan on dropping my truck off to him tomorrow, he will be coating it and also having clear bra installed. he is a great guy and does some amazing work, takes great pride in what he does.
one great thing is, is he is mobile and can do it just about anywhere. tell him i sent you, you cant go wrong.
https://www.facebook.com/RS-Auto-Detailing-139631509563066/?pnref=lhc

kdkellie

Reaction score
Your better off spending the money on a new car prep and pro coating. They offer much better protection. You'd be much happier with the results. I've done three 17 Raptors including my own. Have a fourth coming in next month. I'm in MA. You can contact me [email protected] if need be.

Sent from my BBA100-1 using Tapatalk

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my Black 17 done with the Ceramic Coating (Artic) is the product. Truck looks AMAZING will post photos after I pick it up tonight.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this old thread because I just bought my raptor and they want to simoniz it but I was already planning on doing the xpell stealth ( because I like how it makes performance blue look) but they are telling me this simoniz has a lifetime warranty

Can I/should I do both or is that overkill? This is my first truck and I do plan to do raptor thinks with it so I want to protect the paint