Running Boards - Step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone looked at installing amp-research-power-step- or the Ford power step?

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had them on my 2014 FI50 that I traded in Friday. I miss my Amps already.

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone looked at installing amp-research-power-step- or the Ford power step?
I was looking at it and even researched it for a while because the wife really liked them n the platinum. It looks like it will work according to my research. The reason that I scrapped the idea is because of the size of the tires. I did not like the idea of small rocks and debris marring my rocker panels. BTW, the cheapest place that I found the amps are on Amazon for $1139.00 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T36NTU0/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Tone

CJT123

Reaction score
Loved them on my 2015 KR, going to get them for my Raptor (once it gets here). Do you recommend also ordering the AMP Research 76404-01A PowerStep Plug N' Play Pass Thru Harness with it? Does anyone know what the book would call for when it comes to install time?

Thanks!

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hope everyone knows that youre going to destroy the paint on the side of your truck when you take the factory running boards off.

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone knows that youre going to destroy the paint on the side of your truck when you take the factory running boards off.

^^ This ^^

I had her running down a gravel road last week. There was a continuous stream of gravel pinging off the running boards. Whatever you get, you'll want to make sure they extend far enough to catch that gravel to avoid hitting the paint.

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you use your Raptor off-road you may want to reconsider. They do not like mud at all.

^^^ This too, we do mountain top work here at where I work on communications equipment. We had two trucks with them, between the mud and truck moving around so much through ruts and whatnot they just gave out.