Running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Although these aren't rock sliders, there have been more than a few times that my running boards saved the sides of my truck. Haven't broke them yet, but I would have done some serious damage to the rockers without them. Easier to replace one of them than to get a bunch of body work done.

And, as mentioned above, they will save the paint on the sides of your truck. Heck, I've got rock chips up close to my window trim now. Can't imagine what it would be like without the boards.....

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Easy enough to remove but you may find them to be a nice addition. They keep rocks and debris of the paint, help prevent parking lot door dings, etc.

I really want to take mine off, but this has been the sole thing keeping me from doing it. The truck really does look nice without them until you get tons of rock dings on your doors.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In order to make it possible for my 5'2" wife to climb in and out of the new truck, I will be installing Amp Research PowerSteps. Have them on my current FX4 and they're really nice. So much better positioned for actually getting in and out of the truck than the factory provided Ford running boards which were so damn high that you couldn't wiggle your toes in between the boards and the base of the truck, making them almost worthless as an entry/exit aid.

Now, that being said, and fully recognizing that I'm removing the stock running boards and exposing the sides of my truck to debris strikes, I'll also be doing a full wrap of the lower door and fender panels as quickly as it can be scheduled, in hopes of minimizing damage over the long run.

It might not be the right answer for everyone, but it will keep my wife from complaining about the new truck every time she gets in or out of it, and will prevent me from having to run around with a tiny step stool as well ;p