Rubbing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 18 raptor I installed method 17in wheels with stock tires and it rubs at full lock, forward and reverse. So just so everyone knows , these are stock tires 35in and it rubs, definitely will not ever be going to 37s because the amount of cutting would be rediculous to be able to off road it hard. I’m installing rpg adjustable collar if it ever gets sent out.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the RRW 17’s with stock tires and 1.5” collars and mine rubs as well. Rub wise it’s all about offset unfortunately hardly anyone makes aftermarket in stock offset.

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But after looking good I actually only would need to trim very little off to fix the rubbing, I’m gonna wait till I install my 2in lift in front to see what needs trimmed. The method offset is perfect though. It has the tires sticking out just to where I wanted them

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is where mine rubs. Not sure why it turned the pic sideways. Lol

Attachments

• 629965F2-FCFD-4BDC-BEC9-57A21C82367E.jpg
    629965F2-FCFD-4BDC-BEC9-57A21C82367E.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is just 1.5 inch or so it hits, inside of plastic , like when turn tire all way to left, driver side, left side tire barely touch’s it when it’s parked and turning, so if suspension was compressing I’m sure it would be agrivating. Not sure how people run 37s, I’m sure they will fit but while off roading there is nothing worst then having to take it easy or not turn hard because of rubbing. I will always keep only 35in due to this

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What offset are you running on your new wheels? Shopping for some this week and narrowing down options.

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Method 17x8.5 0 offset 4.75 backspacing, they sit just perfect, like 1 inch farther out than stock. Gives it a more aggressive stance but keeps them still inside so they tuck into fender wells, it barely rubs at full lock, could trim a small piece but I’m just gonna add 2inch rpg adjustable collar

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Method 17x8.5 0 offset 4.75 backspacing, they sit just perfect, like 1 inch farther out than stock. Gives it a more aggressive stance but keeps them still inside so they tuck into fender wells, it barely rubs at full lock, could trim a small piece but I’m just gonna add 2inch rpg adjustable collar

Thanks... I've got the RPG 1.5" so I guess I'll see what the 0 offset does

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be fine, 1.5 or 2 like I’m gonna do, we just barely have to trim the plastic at all.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

I was also looking at xmc holeshot wheels but they were gonna stick out alittle further, I wanted just that 1 inch or so the methods give

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

And I don’t understand how all this offset an backspacing stuff figured out when we change width of wheels at all. I sorta got it figured out aslong as I stay 8.5 Wide just like stock wheels , beyond that I’m lost

kphonik

Reaction score
Ive got the same problem with 4.75” backspaced method wheels. Figure Ill trim the liner but does anyone know offhand whats behind it and whether the little protection provided by the liner is needed?

Rubbing is amplified a bit with rokblox mud flaps - Im also considering just sanding them down to remove the hard lip that my tires seem to catch more substantially than the wheel well liner.