Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]

RPG Collars Concerns

This is a discussion on RPG Collars Concerns within the Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
I think I am going to pull the trigger on the RPG collars. I'll let you know how it goes!...

User Tag List

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2017, 08:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
I think I am going to pull the trigger on the RPG collars. I'll let you know how it goes!

2017 SCAB GEN2 Magnetic
raptorwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default RPG Collars Concerns
Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
Nooooo, you have to prove it DIDNT. Huge difference.

I believe the way it reads is the other way around. Either way has to be proved it caused the failure or didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Not sure how relevant but this seems to break it down

https://www.magnaflow.com/support/fa...tory-warranty/

"Under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1975, 15 USC, 2302 and Clean Air Act 42 of USA code 7541, you have rights.

This legislation basically states that:

In order for a dealer/manufacturer to deny a warranty on a claimed part, they must PROVE that the part YOU installed/had installed DIRECTLY caused the failure of the part on which you’re claiming the warranty. "

JetDriver480 likes this.

Last edited by Jayrod; 07-21-2017 at 09:15 PM.
Jayrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:25 PM   #13 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I like the way the front end handles corners with my RPG kit. 1.5" I only drove it for a short time before adding the spacers but the front end doesn't move as much (firm) with them.

My dealer told me it won't void any warranties unless they felt it was due to an improper install (i.e.: a truck with 3,000 miles has a broken spring). Like with anything if you ask 10 dealerships you will get 10 answers.
RPG likes this.

THESE RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST
JetDriver480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:17 AM   #14 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by JetDriver480 View Post
I like the way the front end handles corners with my RPG kit. 1.5" I only drove it for a short time before adding the spacers but the front end doesn't move as much (firm) with them.

My dealer told me it won't void any warranties unless they felt it was due to an improper install (i.e.: a truck with 3,000 miles has a broken spring). Like with anything if you ask 10 dealerships you will get 10 answers.

That's what I thought. Good deal

Old 07-22-2017, 08:21 AM   #15 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Jayrod View Post
I believe the way it reads is the other way around. Either way has to be proved it caused the failure or didn't.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Not sure how relevant but this seems to break it down

https://www.magnaflow.com/support/fa...tory-warranty/

"Under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1975, 15 USC, 2302 and Clean Air Act 42 of USA code 7541, you have rights.

This legislation basically states that:

In order for a dealer/manufacturer to deny a warranty on a claimed part, they must PROVE that the part YOU installed/had installed DIRECTLY caused the failure of the part on which you’re claiming the warranty. "

Yes i am aware of magnusson moss.

Here in the real world, if the dealer decides not to do warranty work, wbat are you gonna do? Ford lawyers vs you citing the act is an uphill battle.
Sledgehammer likes this.
xrocket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:34 AM   #16 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Yes i am aware of magnusson moss.

Here in the real world, if the dealer decides not to do warranty work, wbat are you gonna do? Ford lawyers vs you citing the act is an uphill battle.

I've had one instance of this and won in court. Basically what happens is you lawyer up, give them everything you have, and they handle it. Which, is exactly what I did.

General scenario is, I had a turbo kit on a new camaro, my headlights constantly went out. Dealership said it was the turbo and voided my warranty without doing any discovery. They lost.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:43 AM   #17 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I've had one instance of this and won in court. Basically what happens is you lawyer up, give them everything you have, and they handle it. Which, is exactly what I did.

General scenario is, I had a turbo kit on a new camaro, my headlights constantly went out. Dealership said it was the turbo and voided my warranty without doing any discovery. They lost.

Holy shit! Dealers are so slimy!!!! Good on you for coming out in the end.
xrocket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:03 AM   #18 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default RPG Collars Concerns
Holy shit! Dealers are so slimy!!!! Good on you for coming out in the end.

Worst part is, the owner of the dealership was a good friend of my dad. Ruined that relationship over a 400$ Hid headlight. My lawyer had an independent company test what it would take heat wise to burst an HID or make it malfunction and my engine bay only produced a 1/4 of the required heat.

Near the end Chevrolet started to back out on the dealership. They ended up having a third party dealership fix the headlights which turned out to be a bad batch of wiring harnesses from the factory and paid all legal fees and gas trips etc.

Last edited by Jayrod; 07-22-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:14 AM   #19 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

Worst part is, the owner of the dealership was a good friend of my dad. Ruined that relationship over a 400$ Hid headlight. My lawyer had an independent company test what it would take heat wise to burst an HID or make it malfunction and my engine bay only produced a 1/4 of the required heat.

Near the end Chevrolet started to back out on the dealership. They ended up having a third party dealership fix the headlights which turned out to be a bad batch of wiring harnesses from the factory and paid all legal fees and gas trips etc.

Love this story, most wouldn't have the balls to follow through with what you did.
CoronaRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:13 AM   #20 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by CoronaRaptor View Post
Love this story, most wouldn't have the balls to follow through with what you did.

It just seemed so black and white to me. How could a turbo kit kill the headlights? On top of it they never produced any evidence. It went fairly quick and painless. Chevrolet will obviously never see my business again but I think this may have been a dealership thing and Chevrolet kind of blindly trusted them.

CoronaRaptor likes this.