Review - Gorilla Black Lug Nuts - Non Locking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of good / additional information at this thread:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f264/new-lug-nuts-wheel-locks-52030/

Not to start a debate, but I really did not care for the look of the locking / spline lug nuts and really see no reason for them for my location. In the above referenced post, the OP provides part number 61147BCX for the non-locking lugs for a pack of 4. The individual lug part number is 61148CX, but sometimes it is posted at 61148BCX.

Gor_1_zpsimtw15hq.jpg

I found a package of 24 at this link for $77.99, but use SAVE5 at check out and they are $74.09 with free shipping.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/gorilla-...-f-150-2015-2017-raptor-f-150-2017/p/WHLLN40/

I had used similar black Gorilla lugs on a Jeep I had and liked the quality. But recalled that finish was not always the same exact thickness. Normally they require standard 13/16" socket, but one of the 24 was just a little thicker and a 21mm socket fit much better. I could have knocked on the 13/16" socket but I am sure it would have marred the finish. Other than that no issues.

At first I was not going to change the lugs. Did not hate the OEM chrome ones, but then noticed that a lot of them were marred up. Probably from the factory, but guess could have been the dealer which is unlikely.

Gor_5_zpsnxhmjhqt.jpg

Here is a side-by-side of the OEM vs. Gorilla.

Gor_2_zpsivcfguea.jpg

They come in individual sealed package from Gorilla and then into package of 24 by CJ's.

Gor_3_zpsej59j6yu.jpg

Gor_4_zpsdai0yy1l.jpg

And finally a few more pictures showing before / after shots for those that like detail.

Gor_6_zpsqpmy4ovv.jpg

Gor_7_zpsyykozzij.jpg

Gor_8_zpslur3mied.jpg

Gor_9_zpsxukqkw4r.jpg

Gor_10_zpsv8hlh9o6.jpg

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Yep black looks way better on black wheels. I'm either doing these or something similar. Thx for the info

marcomilano77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the ones I got are a little longer than stock. Maybe cause they're the locking ones?
2c6b81b5b01403c21cd6b6c060e9715a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

The B in the part number just means they were purchased in Bulk. They are exactly the same other than that

raptorpaul

Reaction score
They look good. I like the look of the 17 stock bead lock wheels and those lugs just make them better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk