Retrofit of tailgate with step...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tightt

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

My new avalanche raptor has the appliqué tailgate WITHOUT the integrated step. Is it possible to retrofit the step? If not, whats the best place to get a new tailgate?

Thanks!

STRiDOR

Reaction score
Other's have said it's not possible it's a different tailgate but I am not 100%

I'd like to confirm if this is true or not. I just picked up my Raptor yesterday, and I asked my salesman if I could install one afterwards, and he said it should be no problem as the tailgates are the same minus the Applique, and they have a hollow area in the middle. Now he could be wrong, but it sounded like it's possible. I might try to order the parts if I can confirm this to be true.

marcomilano77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to confirm if this is true or not. I just picked up my Raptor yesterday, and I asked my salesman if I could install one afterwards, and he said it should be no problem as the tailgates are the same minus the Applique, and they have a hollow area in the middle. Now he could be wrong, but it sounded like it's possible. I might try to order the parts if I can confirm this to be true.

I'm interested as well. Please let us know when/if you figure it out.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Checked on the f150 forums and they said the shells are different with different internals. I haven't seen one taken apart but the part numbers are different for the shells. It seems the only way would be to trade someone, buy a takeoff, or order one.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would have assumed it could be added fairly easily at a dealership but have just heard differenly online. One would think Ford, in an effort to make money, would have had all these (appliqué and non, step and no-step) all be the same but apparently not.