Removing the Tailgate Applique

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to remove the tailgate applique? I'm looking at a raptor that is on a lot but really am not a fan of the tailgate

There's a bazillion holes behind it from all the mounting clips. Get yourself a non appliqué tailgate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkneo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to remove the tailgate applique? I'm looking at a raptor that is on a lot but really am not a fan of the tailgate
I actually thought it was hideous at first and didn't want a truck with it. But now since the truck I got had it, I've grown to actually like it. Different look from normal F150s.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually thought it was hideous at first and didn't want a truck with it. But now since the truck I got had it, I've grown to actually like it. Different look from normal F150s.

Yeah it has grown on me too. I didn't care for the way it looked in pictures, and had never seen a Raptor in person until I picked mine up from the dealer. Because I didn't like the look in pictures, I specifically ordered my truck without it. In retrospect, since my truck is Magnetic, I think it would have blended in nicely and made it look a little different to regular F150s without standing out too much.

Glad I got the tailgate step though... I love that thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As others are saying you can't cause there's holes. But you could pretty easily trade with someone on here as lots of people are interested in it.

seano04

Reaction score

What color? I have a black without and somewhat wishing I got it. I'd swap tailgates with you if it was black.