GEN 2 Rear wheel well liners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ccso285

ccso285

Reaction score
Few pics of my rear wheel well liners Line X'ed today. I also had them do the silver skid plate out front. The silver just seemed out of place, all else was blue of bumper color. I like it the way much better.

Attachments

• IMG_9450.JPG
    IMG_9450.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_9452.JPG
    IMG_9452.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_9448.JPG
    IMG_9448.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_9449.JPG
    IMG_9449.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 140

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Few pics of my rear wheel well liners Line X'ed today. I also had them do the silver skid plate out front. The silver just seemed out of place, all else was blue of bumper color. I like it the way much better.

The skid plate looks good. I may have to do that.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I love the look with the skid plate done in LineX, but I'd be worried about gouging the finish on the first rock I hit. Do you know if their warranty will cover the skid plate too? That is, if you gouged the finish on the skid plate will they repair/recoat it under warranty?

OP
OP
ccso285

ccso285

Reaction score
I love the look with the skid plate done in LineX, but I'd be worried about gouging the finish on the first rock I hit. Do you know if their warranty will cover the skid plate too? That is, if you gouged the finish on the skid plate will they repair/recoat it under warranty?

I'm not sure but I bet that Line X will hold up better then the silver paint on there from the factory.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I bet that Line X will hold up better then the silver paint on there from the factory.

Oh, I didn't realize it was painted fro the factory. I figured it was just aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I highly doubt it.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not like ford would cover a uncoated one so whats the difference? get something you like...

that bedliner is some tough stuff tho, ever watch mythbusters? its "bomb proof" lol

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not like ford would cover a uncoated one so whats the difference? get something you like...

that bedliner is some tough stuff tho, ever watch mythbusters? its "bomb proof" lol

I'm quite sure Ford wouldn't cover and damaged to the factory finish. I was just thinking that the factory silver finish, though easily damaged, may not be as obvious when damaged since it's a silver finish over aluminum. Those skid plates are aluminum, right? If the LineX finish were damaged and the aluminum exposed, I'm guessing it would be pretty unsightly. I guess you could touch it up with black paint or something if that happened.

I definitely like the look of the LineX coating on the skid plate. Looks sharp.

Retnavhmc

Reaction score
Why Line-x?

Just got a '14 with 19,000 on it. Searching wheel well liners as I'm stuck in Iowa, which brought me to this thread. Just curious why everyone is selling Line-x. Or is that just a generic use like Coke or Tylenol? I had my '08 F-150 bed line-x'd brand new. Everytime it needed patched the Line-x dealer asked how it happened - would tell him, he'd say well don't do that... Ripped chucking in firewood... Well don't haul wood... Ripped shoveling corn out with a scoop shovel... Well don't scoop corn... Wtf-hello? Quit going back for repairs, 90 miles, said I'll never use a Line-x product again. If rocks chip it out of wheel wells - would probably get told don't drive it.