Rear Wheel Well Liners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marcomilano77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are those pictures I promised of the rear wheel wells sprayed with linex and the bed. I'm pretty happy with the results.

Looks great! I'll be doing the same.
Did you do the smoother version or same texture as the bed? I've seen someone going with the smoother one for wheel wells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raptorcat

Reaction score
Looks great! I'll be doing the same.
Did you do the smoother version or same texture as the bed? I've seen someone going with the smoother one for wheel wells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like it's the same texture as the bed. When I had this done, I didn't know about the different textures.....the shop didn't mention anything when I inquired about doing the wheel wells. In either case, I'm happy with the end result.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever considered just spraying the wheel wells with the rustoluem truck bed coating spray can. I use it on the rear wheel wells of my Jeep JK and it looks good, holds up well, and if it chips or something you can just respray.
I know it's kinda ghetto but it's an inexpensive option to the linex.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever considered just spraying the wheel wells with the rustoluem truck bed coating spray can. I use it on the rear wheel wells of my Jeep JK and it looks good, holds up well, and if it chips or something you can just respray.
I know it's kinda ghetto but it's an inexpensive option to the linex.

I have used that stuff a bunch and it holds up pretty well. You can respray an area and can't tell you did.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to do the Rust-Oleum, only because the linex guy closest to me is out of state he doesn't do undercoating and wants 500 plus tax to do just wheel wells. He said he'd do it for $400 if I did the bed, but I got the factory spray in bed liner. I told him other dealers were half that and he wasn't budging off the $500 and cried I gotta tape and cover everything on both sides! Waaaaa!!!! That's when I said no thanks, I'll do it myself and hung up!

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got a quote for line x for the wheel wells they said I'd never be able to keep it clean and didn't really recommend it. No wheel well liners on the market yet for the raptor. It was an option from Ford so my dealership was going to try and get them from the factory.

I've had Line-x on my Gen 1 raptor's wheel wells for over 3 years and it honestly couldn't be easier to clean. Not sure what they were talking about. I'm getting the same thing doe to the new one.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to do the Rust-Oleum, only because the linex guy closest to me is out of state he doesn't do undercoating and wants 500 plus tax to do just wheel wells. He said he'd do it for $400 if I did the bed, but I got the factory spray in bed liner. I told him other dealers were half that and he wasn't budging off the $500 and cried I gotta tape and cover everything on both sides! Waaaaa!!!! That's when I said no thanks, I'll do it myself and hung up!

Right there with you. I got quotes for all the Line-X stuff, etc. and finally went back to dealer to add bed spray from factory. Maybe not as good as Line-X, but plenty good enough for me. And I never keep a vehicle more than 2-3 years....get bored.

Seartrip

Reaction score
Getting Line-X in the bed, but the Line-X dealer wanted $400 to do the wheel wells- said there was a lot of "prep". I've painted vehicles before, and I don't see it worth $400 when they're already doing the bed so I said no. I'll coat them myself and spend that on other upgrades.