Rear quarter panel fender/trim measurements from tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that my passenger rear quarter panel trim is not 100% flush with the outside of the tire. The difference between the driver's side is about 1/4-1/2 inch. It's not very obvious and i'm having my dealer look at it to see if other Raptors have the same measurement. Maybe due to the gas tank or whatever. I attached some pictures for reference but if anyone would be willing to eye ball or measure out the distance from the outside of the tire to trim, I'd appreciate it.

These pics were taking looking down measuring from the outside of the tire to trim:

Passenger Side:
35835633124_eee8fb10d3_z.jpg

Driver's Side:
35835634054_3828713c58_z.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

How does the bed line up with the cab? Probably have to loosen the bed bolts and barely tap the bed over and retighten. On a GEN1 it was never perfect either. I would worry on larger things not 1/4".

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the bed line up with the cab? Probably have to loosen the bed bolts and barely tap the bed over and retighten. On a GEN1 it was never perfect either. I would worry on larger things not 1/4".

Great feedback, thank you! In Delaware, if tires stick out too far from the fender, it will fail state inspection... highly unlikely but that was a random thought i had.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try to do measurements on both sides. Measure the bed in comparison to the cab. You can use the lines around the rear window as reference points.

I had the same issue and initially thought it was axle related. It ended up being that the entire bed was shifted 1/4'' - 1/2'' to the drivers side. The dealership acknowledged and fixed it.

The best way to tell is stand behind the truck and look at the lines. It will probably be noticeable.

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try to do measurements on both sides. Measure the bed in comparison to the cab. You can use the lines around the rear window as reference points.

I had the same issue and initially thought it was axle related. It ended up being that the entire bed was shifted 1/4'' - 1/2'' to the drivers side. The dealership acknowledged and fixed it.

The best way to tell is stand behind the truck and look at the lines. It will probably be noticeable.

Thank you. I will note this also when I drop 'er off this week!