Real truck bed cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

griskait

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a pace Edward bed cover from this company. The price was good (but you can get similar pricing on Ebay). The item arrived, and it was defective. I contacted this company and they told me that I should contact the manufacturer. When I pointed out that I have not dealt with ther manufacturer but with them, they changed their attitude. Since I was worried that the entire item could have been faulty I asked about restocking fees in the event the item was defective. The lady on the phone told me that I had to ship it back to the "manufacturer" who would decide if the item was defective or not, and apply a restocking fee. Never heard something more absurd. I start asking for a physical address where to send legal paper and the lady put me on hold. Now a manager grab the phone and after 4 times of me asking for an address, he finally gave me one. Her offered his help in solving the issue. I asked for the delivery of the missing gasket. He agreed. I was contacted by another employee telling me that the manufacturer would send new gasket within a week. I told him that it wasn't unacceptable and that overnight replacement was the only acceptable way, since I have trip planned and I needed the cover. I received the gasket overnight, but while installing it I noticed that the rail luding the gasket had a broken end cap and it was slightly different from ther other one. They offered to send as new end cap but st this point I wanted at least a new rail. I waited and no answer was given so I'm expecting to start a legal action in a couple of days, for either replacement or reimbursement. Think twice and shop around

OP
OP
griskait

griskait

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about that, thing is that I still need a cover.

buyfire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to me that legal action is a bit extreme for a mismatched end cap that can easily be replaced. Especially when the seller has already offered to send out another at no cost. Why would you expect them to replace the entire rail when the one you've got isn't defective?

OP
OP
griskait

griskait

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rail is slightly off and the end cap does not bulge. After paying 1,500$ I expect to receive a usable items and not to put it together on my own.

buyfire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rail is slightly off and the end cap does not bulge. After paying 1,500$ I expect to receive a usable items and not to put it together on my own.

Prob should have bought locally and had them install it then. Saving a few bucks isn't always worth the trouble. Not trying to be rude, but being a retail shop owner, I get a little testy with folks who buy items online then don't get the service they expect. It's usually the same people who complain about their local economy being in the *******.

OP
OP
griskait

griskait

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prob should have bought locally and had them install it then. Saving a few bucks isn't always worth the trouble. Not trying to be rude, but being a retail shop owner, I get a little testy with folks who buy items online then don't get the service they expect. It's usually the same people who complain about their local economy being in the *******.

Asked 2 local shops for a quote.... still waiting

Ocean18

Reaction score
Bought my Pace Edwards Thule Rack from them and didn't have any problems. Had pretty good customer service from what I remember. They may be able to get the part drop-shipped for you right from PE as I'm sure Realtruck doesn't stock many replacement parts in house.

OP
OP
griskait

griskait

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my Pace Edwards Thule Rack from them and didn't have any problems. Had pretty good customer service from what I remember. They may be able to get the part drop-shipped for you right from PE as I'm sure Realtruck doesn't stock many replacement parts in house.

They resell directly from manufacturer, so next time I will go directly through the factory instead of the middle man.
I tried to get a solution from them, but they did not get back to me since June 14th. I posted a negative review on yelp and suddenly the manager who was supposed to solve the issue remember about me and called me. At this point I was already in contact with the manufacturer who was willing to accommodate any request since the cover was defective.
Last week I explained to the manager and his colleague that the time was of the essence since I had a trip planned for the weekend, and after everything else failed I asked for a reasonable rail replacement on June 14th, after that no body contacted me until the yelp review. On a side note I posted this story on another forum and the representative from realtruck asked for more info so he would help me, needless to say no answer.
Draw your own conclusions.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
You sound like a difficult person to deal with..... legal action over $1500? Interesting.