Is the Raptor Avalanche Gray or Avalanche?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Can someone officially answer if the Raptor color is Avalanche Gray like the GT350 or a different color called Avalanche? The Ford order guides have them with Avalanche Gray for the GT350 and just Avalanche for the Raptor order guide, however both have the order code "DR". The raptor color in person and in pictures appears to be much whiter and appears to have no grey in it that the GT350 color has. Can anyone confirm?

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been saying they are different but the interwebs experts have continually told me I was wrong.

jdaallen

Reaction score
Can someone officially answer if the Raptor color is Avalanche Gray like the GT350 or a different color called Avalanche? The Ford order guides have them with Avalanche Gray for the GT350 and just Avalanche for the Raptor order guide, however both have the order code "DR". The raptor color in person and in pictures appears to be much whiter and appears to have no grey in it that the GT350 color has. Can anyone confirm?

Avalanche Grey (DR) is the same color no mater which vehicle it's on, Mustang or Raptor. The link below show the comparison between Avalanche Grey and White. Yes, it is a Grey.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/1022850-post2.html

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Avalanche Grey (DR) is the same color no mater which vehicle it's on, Mustang or Raptor. The links below show the comparison between Avalanche Grey and White. Yes, it is a Grey.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/1022850-post2.html

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/1022158-post4.html

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am convinced that the Mustang "Avalanche" color is the same as the Raptor "Avalanche" color. They both use the same paint code "DR"; I've also found images online that show the Avalanche Mustang appear nearly white, other images appear more gray. It seems to vary a lot based on lighting.

I found the most similar photos of an Avalanche Mustang an Avalanche Raptor and laid them side by side. They look virtually identical to me:
lanche%20mustang%20and%202017%20raptor_zpshbehvuiw.png

Last edited:

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am convinced that the Mustang "Avalanche" color is the same as the Raptor "Avalanche" color. They both use the same paint code "DR"; I've also found imaged online that show the Avalanche Mustang appear nearly white.

I found the most similar photos of an Avalanche Mustang and Raptor and laid them side by side. They look virtually identical to me:
lanche%20mustang%20and%202017%20raptor_zpshbehvuiw.png

I agree, same color. The original discrepancy came from an oversite in the nomenclature. Same color folks.