Power detract mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicul15

Reaction score
this is the biggest Dbag thing they've done. On the non raptor F150s they offer this option on much lower trim levels. with this truck you can spend $55,000 and you can't pay extra only for power folding mirrors...on a $55k full size truck, likely the only size vehicle that really needs them...

Last edited:

rapetor17

Reaction score
No, I added over a grand in mirror options just to get 360 camera and still no power folding ><

7401127_2017-ford-f-150-raptor-supercrew_t80846d95.jpg
Same here. $60000 truck and no power folding mirror. My 2008 gmc Sierra all terrain has them

nicul15

Reaction score
maybe they figure the fenders are so wide that the mirrors being folded barely make a difference? regardless i need to fold to get in and out of the garage, which would be everyday. now i have to spend $10k to not have to get out of the truck to fold the passenger mirror.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
maybe they figure the fenders are so wide that the mirrors being folded barely make a difference? regardless i need to fold to get in and out of the garage, which would be everyday. now i have to spend $10k to not have to get out of the truck to fold the passenger mirror.

1Lm1sQa.gif

Get a hook for the end of the broom, problem solved.

$7.84 at Wal*Mart.

nicul15

Reaction score
Rather than bucking up for the 802A you could just hit the parts department and buy them and install yourself.

i took a quick google into this and for the last gen truck the hardware is $1G, and i would have to use a VIN from a truck that had factory installed folding mirrors plus almost every option my truck had and enter that in the ASBUILT data. using a 802a ASBUILT VIN might screw up a 801a because they are so different.

I don't have too much experience in this, but just connecting dots using what i learned while owning my '14 GT. if someone can chime in, that would be great.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
i took a quick google into this and for the last gen truck the hardware is $1G, and i would have to use a VIN from a truck that had factory installed folding mirrors plus almost every option my truck had and enter that in the ASBUILT data. using a 802a ASBUILT VIN might screw up a 801a because they are so different.

I don't have too much experience in this, but just connecting dots using what i learned while owning my '14 GT. if someone can chime in, that would be great.

Here is a quick hack that gets around the reprograming.

remove door panels, remove old mirrors,on the passengers door mirror connector, find pin #'s 7 violet/brown and # 16 green/violet and splice a wire to each. Run those wires over to the drivers door.( this may require drilling a hole or 2 to get them there). When you get to the drivers door find the same colored wires and pin #'s on the mirror connector ,and splice the 2 wires from the passenger side to the corresponding wires on the drivers door . At this time you will also need to pigtail a wire from the #7 wire to the # 6 wire on the switch which is a yellow/orange, and a wire from the # 16 to the #4 on the switch which is gray/brown.Wiring them this way will eliminate the need for the relay and a flash at the dealer, but will also eliminate the memory function.