Please help me decide between two ADD bumpers

Which Bumper?

• Stealth R

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Venom R

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to put my order in and I'm stuck between two models.

Can I get some votes on which one you guys prefer:

1: Stealth R:

2017-ford-raptor-winch-front-bumper.jpg

2: Venom R:

Flush comparo:

1. Stealth R: (without winch)

raptor-custom-front-bumper.jpg

2. Venom R (with upper lamp and winch)

ford-raptor-front-bumper.jpg

1. Stealth R: Has a protected light bar with the metal bar above it. It has room behind the ADD logo for a small hidden light bar (with associated light loss) and for the two spots on the side. If I purchased this one I would get the hidden light bar and spots in amber in a fog light pattern and the main light bar as a long distance spot. This bumper appears to give a slightly better approach angle than the other one, but it also protrudes out a lot further.

2. Venom R: This bumper doesn't allow for side facing spot lamps. I would use the lower bar in a sweeping flood light pattern and the upper as a long distance spot. It's very nice but it might actually be overkill with insane amount of lumens going out. The upper bar isn't as well protected and may have a slightly worse approach angle than the other. The biggest upside of this one is that it is a lot more flush to the bumper. The biggest downside is that the upper lamp seems a bit like an afterthought.

So which one?

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sense is that the Stealth is more function (with all the lights protected and the ability to step on any part of the bumper) and the Venom is more style. Except that from a lighting pov the Venom is more function.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whichever one you like best. Who cares what we think?

But since you asked, I'd never install a black bumper with silver hardware on it.

And if either or both require frame cutting I'd never do that either. But who cares what I think!

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Venom all day every day. I like tucked up bumpers, can't stand the under-bite look.
But @WhatExit? is right. Who gives a dang what we think. You do you!

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I obviously care enough ask ... it doesn't mean I will do what wins the vote, I am just looking for other owner's input. Maybe I missed the point of automotive forums, you know other than snakiness and ill temperament, and meme copy/paste.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I obviously care enough ask ... it doesn't mean I will do what wins the vote, I am just looking for other owner's input. Maybe I missed the point of automotive forums, you know other than snakiness and ill temperament, and meme copy/paste.

Well, I own a Gen1 Venom, if that tells you anything ;)