Plasti dip wheels to match fender?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gonna try plasti dip before I powdercoat. For anyone that has done plasti dip to stock raptor wheels do you think matte black (appears to come off dark grayish in photos) would that be a closer match than anthracite gray to match as close as possible to stock fenders? Any thoughts?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I've used the matte black and it goes on very black. it's probably not going to match your fenders

OP
OP
J

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. That saved me the time and trouble of trying one of each. I have seen some users try black and a metallic and it looks pretty good but I'm gonna test run anthracite color and post results.

That Dude

Reaction score
gonna try plasti dip before I powdercoat. For anyone that has done plasti dip to stock raptor wheels do you think matte black (appears to come off dark grayish in photos) would that be a closer match than anthracite gray to match as close as possible to stock fenders? Any thoughts?

The Anthracite Grey is as a better match. I sprayed my rear emblem and its really close.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You didn't cover up your license plate with your finger!!!!!!

Sure, anyone can find my address using my license plate and show up to my house uninvited, but they should also look up the Castle Doctrine before they do...

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Sure, anyone can find my address using my license plate and show up to my house uninvited, but they should also look up the Castle Doctrine before they do...

ETA to target..five mike...

tumblr_oodt65DlJt1vgp6peo1_500.jpg

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used the matte black and it goes on very black. it's probably not going to match your fenders

This may sound crazy, but I have a white truck and I was considering using Plasti Dip to see how the wheels would look in white. How easy is it to clean Plasti Dip? How well does it resist stains? Am I nuts for thinking about giving this a shot?