pickup bed tool box anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello been a while for a old tread just thought some new owners maybe out there and have gotten a tool box for the bed? anyone have a particular model or brand that has worked well??

tmanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a BakBox that rides under my BakFlip tonneau. Probably wouldn't be great for high speed off road but it's perfect for my usual trail driving and boat towing. And it's invisible.

OP
OP
r3run33

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello thanks for responses still want this one but weather guard list it as a no fit for the raptor; I reached out to them and a 3rd party seller of theirs said it would fit but still hesitant about getting it and then having to return it if no fit. i like the lower profile top portion;

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 8.30.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 8.30.33 PM.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 680
OP
OP
r3run33

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wanted a diamond cover but I use the bed way to much to have to flip etc I need a box for tow straps/cables etc don't want to keep them inside

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello thanks for responses still want this one but weather guard list it as a no fit for the raptor; I reached out to them and a 3rd party seller of theirs said it would fit but still hesitant about getting it and then having to return it if no fit. i like the lower profile top portion;

Maybe you can do some measuring:

Full-Size Low Profile Single Lid Crossover Tool Box (121-5-01) by Weather Guard®. Dimensions: 71.5" Length x 20.25" Width x 15" Height. Volume: 14.93 cu.ft. Finish: Black. Material: Aluminum. Like you, Weather Guard® Saddle Tool Boxes keep getting better and better. Now with more options and features than ever. Like industry-leading security with Weather Guard exclusive tamper-resistant Extreme Protection® Lock. Weather Guard® Saddle Boxes are the most popular truck storage option due to ease of installation, maximum bed clearance, and of course legendary durability. Constructed of either steel or aluminum diamond plate and finished with an Armor Tuf® Powder Coat in clear, white or black that lasts for years and looks great.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a photo of mine. I had to trim 2.5 inchs off of it to get it to fit under and open by the rails of my MX4 cover. 1.25 inches on each side. I still have 4.5 inchs if clearance under it. It is a low profile small box.

Attachments

• B7F0C270-5A11-4BDD-B178-F31F3988E46F.jpg
    B7F0C270-5A11-4BDD-B178-F31F3988E46F.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 186
OP
OP
r3run33

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can do some measuring:

Full-Size Low Profile Single Lid Crossover Tool Box (121-5-01) by Weather Guard®. Dimensions: 71.5" Length x 20.25" Width x 15" Height. Volume: 14.93 cu.ft. Finish: Black. Material: Aluminum. Like you, Weather Guard® Saddle Tool Boxes keep getting better and better. Now with more options and features than ever. Like industry-leading security with Weather Guard exclusive tamper-resistant Extreme Protection® Lock. Weather Guard® Saddle Boxes are the most popular truck storage option due to ease of installation, maximum bed clearance, and of course legendary durability. Constructed of either steel or aluminum diamond plate and finished with an Armor Tuf® Powder Coat in clear, white or black that lasts for years and looks great.

lol you sound like a weather guard sales guy; I know they are great but if you actually check site on the saddle box is not listed for the F150 thinking it has to do with the attachment part to the bed rails???? box is actually same size as big box.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

This is a photo of mine. I had to trim 2.5 inchs off of it to get it to fit under and open by the rails of my MX4 cover. 1.25 inches on each side. I still have 4.5 inchs if clearance under it. It is a low profile small box.

I really like your set up what did you actually trim the box itself??? did you re/weld it? thats a bit above my pay grade LOL I do like how yours is set up posy more info please also did you attach to the anchor points??

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol you sound like a weather guard sales guy; I know they are great but if you actually check site on the saddle box is not listed for the F150 thinking it has to do with the attachment part to the bed rails???? box is actually same size as big box.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

I really like your set up what did you actually trim the box itself??? did you re/weld it? thats a bit above my pay grade LOL I do like how yours is set up posy more info please also did you attach to the anchor points??

Mine is the small low profile box. It is not a full size. I cut open the seams on the ends of the box and lid, then rebent it to size, cut off extra and welded back up. I think it is 61.5 inchs end to end on the lid. I am out of town and do not have truck here. Will get the sizes this weekend and post then. I mounted it to brackets mounted on the box link cleats. Have over 1800 miles off road , and a few small jumps with know issues so far.