Painted Fenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heffneil

Reaction score
I like the contrast on the black actually. For some reason I don't love the black matched. One of the pics above has the grill and skid plate painted and I really like that actually. I have a real problem with the lower grill front bumper with that two black (well greyish black) bumps where I think the radar is for the distance based cruise control. It looks like unused blanks where switches should be on the interior. Not a fan and I can't find something that replaces it with a similar honeycomb to the factory bumper. I might just get it painted and it seems to look a lot better...

I guess to each his own. All of the trucks look great!

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Just got mine back from paint. Also had the skid plate powder coated.
59e53d5ba1196ae8e15b83108a087384.jpg4c6db8a549d8d3a0cef36e683bd28847.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did it cost to get the skid plate powder coated? I might ask the local guy for a quote. I assume you only did the outside?

-RRRaptor-

Reaction score
I agree, looking for some leadfoot pics. Also, is everyone going to the dealer to have this done?

sphf250

Reaction score
I agree, looking for some leadfoot pics. Also, is everyone going to the dealer to have this done?

I went to a collision repair/paint shop to have mine done. Where ever you go just make sure they do quality work. No one wants some hack painting on their pride and joy.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

I wish someone with lead foot would do this. I'd like to see it.

The shop that painted mine just did a lead foot. I'll see if I can get a pic for you guys.
Here's a link to the photos on their facebook page of the lead foot.
https://www.facebook.com/JTs-Collision-Repair-Inc-147182542092316/

Last edited:

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to a collision repair/paint shop to have mine done. Where ever you go just make sure they do quality work. No one wants some hack painting on their pride and joy.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

The shop that painted mine just did a lead foot. I'll see if I can get a pic for you guys.
Here's a link to the photos on their facebook page of the lead foot.
https://www.facebook.com/JTs-Collision-Repair-Inc-147182542092316/

Man, where do you live? That paint shop is painting an 87 Turbo-T and a GMC Typhoon!

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I love the painted fender flairs. I do think I like the painted front bumper and skid plate. I think the contrast in the fender flares is kind of cool.

rettags

Reaction score
I like the contrast on the black actually. For some reason I don't love the black matched. One of the pics above has the grill and skid plate painted and I really like that actually. I have a real problem with the lower grill front bumper with that two black (well greyish black) bumps where I think the radar is for the distance based cruise control. It looks like unused blanks where switches should be on the interior. Not a fan and I can't find something that replaces it with a similar honeycomb to the factory bumper. I might just get it painted and it seems to look a lot better...

I guess to each his own. All of the trucks look great!

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

What did it cost to get the skid plate powder coated? I might ask the local guy for a quote. I assume you only did the outside?

Skid plate and a-pillar light brackets was $200. Full plate, including the non-visible underside, was done.

Two tone finder flares on black look cheap and out of place. More like a ‘90s GMC Jimmy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Found this on Instagram and it's such a clean truck. Color matching my fenders is definitely my next mod.
I wish those tires were street legal and not extremely expensive.

JdKNlDp.jpg