Paint protection film

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No need to answer guys, after seeing this video showing the "self healing" of xpel ultimate it makes it up in my mind. It is very easy to see the distortion in the clock and along panel lines, you can actually see some mild orange peal as well. Not for me but to each there own, that would personally drive me insane.
https://youtu.be/2Se11LSRnKA

I agree. I couldn't deal with that either. I also prefer a fully detailed shine. I even considered a Nano sealant like cQuartz, but I don't think I could handle not being able to make minor correction on a regular basis. I actually find detailing my vehicles relaxing and therapeutic.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I couldn't deal with that either. I also prefer a fully detailed shine. I even considered a Nano sealant like cQuartz, but I don't think I could handle not being able to make minor correction on a regular basis. I actually find detailing my vehicles relaxing and therapeutic.

Same here, my father has that on his A7, inevitably got scratches from poor washing procedure and I haven't been able to polish it out with medium cut pads and 1500 grit on a PC. May need to compound the thing, brutal.

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The film in that video definitely looks like crap! I wouldn't tolerate that shit either! Mine looks nothing like that. Just like everything out there, you have to shop for the correct installer as much as the correct product. My installer had incredible recommendations - I knew I had the right guy when he showed me his Viper coupe with a complete Xpel film on the entire car...It was absolutely perfect and several years old at the time. On my car (6 year old film) the Xpel areas still look just as good as the uncovered areas and I'm super **** about my paint and properly detailing the car. Don't let one shit install totally turn you off - go look at some good work personally.

This is his Viper in the background...

Last edited:

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The film in that video definitely looks like crap! I wouldn't tolerate that shit either! Mine looks nothing like that. Just like everything out there, you have to shop for the correct installer as much as the correct product. My installer had incredible recommendations - I knew I had the right guy when he showed me his Viper coupe with a complete Xpel film on the entire car...It was absolutely perfect and several years old at the time. On my car (6 year old film) the Xpel areas still look just as good as the uncovered areas and I'm super **** about my paint and properly detailing the car. Don't let one shit install totally turn you off - go look at some good work personally. QUOTE]

Very true, we put this film on every new Maserati when a customer requests it and we have not had any complaints about how it looks (it looks nothing like the film in that video). That video is a very bad example of XPEL film (if it even is XPEL) remember it is the internet so everything is what you say it is! :ROFLJest:

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, that is XPEL's corporate youtube account....scares the crap out of me if they would release something like that to the public

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to do the entire hood, front end, rocker panels and maybe door cups as well since my kids can't open a door without gouging their fingernails into the paint.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, my father has that on his A7, inevitably got scratches from poor washing procedure and I haven't been able to polish it out with medium cut pads and 1500 grit on a PC. May need to compound the thing, brutal.

I have CQuartz UK on my 16' Dodge Charger. The trick is to polish the paint back to as close to perfect as possible and then immediately coat the car with CQuartz after wiping the car down with Car Pro's Eraser product. After the car is coated a quick wipe down with Car Pro's Reload will bring a bit of depth back similar to a nice wax and the reload will help protect the coating. The coatings are seriously legit. 9 months later and I have 0 "love marks" on my car and I use a waterless wash product 90% of the time. If you end up with light marring in your coating you simply polish it out. If it's bad enough though you do have to take a pretty heavy compound to the paint which will remove the coating and it will have to be reapplied. The coatings are harder than the paint and bead water like you wouldn't believe. They are seriously worth every bit of stress during the prep/install phase.