Paint protection film

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've used 3M on the front of most of our vehicles for the past 10 years or so. I have it on my Raptor. Some jerk hit my bumper and flare in a parking lot (the left without informing me) and the film protected the paint on the fender and bumper but I did not have it on the flares and the flare was scratched. I have no chips on the front after over 3 years and my wife's 14 month old lease BMW without film has tons of rock chips.

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Xpel! I had it put on my Z06 back in 2010 when I bought it new, and I have zero chips on the covered areas! I would definitely put it on any car you plan to keep down the road!

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We sell a lot of protection film, it is a great product. One of our customers owns the manufacturing plant that makes most of it for the end companies like 3M and XPEL.

For what it's worth he told me that their are 2 basic qualities of the film and a few different top coats that separate one final product from another.

He said that out of all the film on the market today the XPEL film is the best quality film you can buy and they even now have a self healing version of XPEL that is amazing. I have the whole nose of my Maserati wrapped in the XPEL self healing film and I have the regular XPEL on my Raptor. I would do it again on both.

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you wash normally, including car washes, with the film on?

COaUtOJUNKIE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XPEL is the best in my opinion. Self healing is hard to compete with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk