Onboard Air Compressor.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scubasigguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent this morning looking around the truck for ideal locations and there are definitely spots on the underside of the frame, but I think the ARB option under the rear seat looks like the best fit for my use (tires, tools, gear). Doing a little research on the ARB suggests that the noise isn't bad and they are designed to be installed inside the cab as well as outside. There are also several attachment option spots under the seat, either with some sort of a bracket or bolted directly. As you mentioned, there are several bracket options made for the ARB in jeeps - maybe something that could be made to work in the raptor. Thanks for the contributions - very helpful. I will post pics and install process when I pull the trigger and do the install.

My Jeep guy made a custom bracket for my under seat mount. When I open the passenger door I have a QR fitting just st the edge of the seat, so I can plug in and go. You will love the performance of that ARB it airs up my 35's very quickly, without a storage tank. I'd like to see what you wind up with. BTW, VIAR offers a similar twin setup for less money, I just prefer ARB products.

Vince

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one in my GEN1 in the truck bed. It got in the way too often and I would never put it there again but it supplied air for both tire fills and my airhorn.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Permanent is probably better, but I won't have time to mount, nor use it enough to justify the cost / time to install.

I opted for this portable unit, after doing some research. It is small enough to fit nicely into my off road bag that will sit, lashed, in my covered bed.

MV50 Superflow

Last edited:

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is mounted under the bed to the frame rail with the air tank between the frame rails. The air filter has an extension hose and I ran it up the bedside behind the taillight. It has been on for over a year now and 0 issues related to dirt, water, etc.

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is mounted under the bed to the frame rail with the air tank between the frame rails. The air filter has an extension hose and I ran it up the bedside behind the taillight. It has been on for over a year now and 0 issues related to dirt, water, etc.

Can you give me some details on this? I'm also looking at putting one under the truck. Don't like the idea of having it in the cab.

- What type of compressor do you have?
- Approximately where did you mount it?
- Pic would be cool, weather-permitting.

Thanks!