Onboard Air Compressor.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Backwoods

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at mounting an air compressor and connecting to an AUX switch and wondering if anyone else has done this yet or has it planned on a 2017. Looking at the ARB compressors and thinking about mounting it under the right rear seat or possibly in the bed. I know there are a few other threads on here from earlier installations, but didn't see much on an in-cabin install. Thoughts or advice? Thanks in advance....

OP
OP
Backwoods

Backwoods

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't want a compessor inside the cab. It would be too loud.

i just figured it would keep the dirt out of it and might last longer if it was relatively compact and could be installed out of the way. I use my bed to haul a lot of gear and under the hood looks a little more challenging for space in the 2017. I've always used portable ones in the past and used them when i was outside the cab anyway. they are loud as hell....

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would install it on the frame rail. If you're worried about dirt and debris, you could make a cover that would protect it.

OP
OP
Backwoods

Backwoods

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Under the truck would be best. Tuck it up under the frame. They are built for that. Dirt is no worry.....

I did see a few other installs there....hadn't looked at that spot on the new truck yet. that probably does make the most sense. thanks, fellas.

max_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at mounting an air compressor and connecting to an AUX switch and wondering if anyone else has done this yet or has it planned on a 2017. Looking at the ARB compressors and thinking about mounting it under the right rear seat or possibly in the bed. I know there are a few other threads on here from earlier installations, but didn't see much on an in-cabin install. Thoughts or advice? Thanks in advance....

My friend had an ARB compressor mounted behind the driver seat on his reg cab F-150

If will only use it for power tools or airing up your tires I would also recommend installing in in the cab as the noise it makes wouldn't matter due to the fact that you are outside the car working

Scubasigguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the ARB twin setup mounted under the passenger seat of my Rubicon, and it works really well. It's actually not that loud, but I generally only use it while I am outside. I have aired up while passengers were inside, however, and it's not deafening by any means.

ARB also makes a portable unit that comes packaged with a small tank, in a pelican like case. I have one that I carried in my old Raptor, so that's another option for you. it's the same unit shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0AvypEi-Oc

I chose not to install a tank with mine, and it doesn't really need it. The unit is small enough to fit in the engine compartment or under the back seat.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will install either the ARB dual or single without a tank. Goal is under the hood but waiting for my truck to see placement and location options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Backwoods

Backwoods

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the ARB twin setup mounted under the passenger seat of my Rubicon, and it works really well. It's actually not that loud, but I generally only use it while I am outside. I have aired up while passengers were inside, however, and it's not deafening by any means.

ARB also makes a portable unit that comes packaged with a small tank, in a pelican like case. I have one that I carried in my old Raptor, so that's another option for you. it's the same unit shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0AvypEi-Oc

I chose not to install a tank with mine, and it doesn't really need it. The unit is small enough to fit in the engine compartment or under the back seat.

I spent this morning looking around the truck for ideal locations and there are definitely spots on the underside of the frame, but I think the ARB option under the rear seat looks like the best fit for my use (tires, tools, gear). Doing a little research on the ARB suggests that the noise isn't bad and they are designed to be installed inside the cab as well as outside. There are also several attachment option spots under the seat, either with some sort of a bracket or bolted directly. As you mentioned, there are several bracket options made for the ARB in jeeps - maybe something that could be made to work in the raptor. Thanks for the contributions - very helpful. I will post pics and install process when I pull the trigger and do the install.