Official SVCOFFROAD Gen 2 Bumper Designs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, no factory tow hooks when using this bumper?. How much trimming are we talking here. Love the contour so you see the lower part of the grille. Wish others did the same.

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like it but I always run a front receiver. Truck needs better approach and departure angles. Already got the first cutting out of the way. When is a SVC bump can system going to ready for Gen 2 trucks? I am sure you are working on something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Jasoncor

Reaction score
Is the powder coat the exact color match to the stock bumper? Looking forward to seeing these mounted.

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...The top main tube will be rolled and flush to the factory valence and bent to contour the aggressive factory grill vs. just doing a straight tube that hides a key design element on the Gen 2 Raptor.

These will require a relocated front I/C kit which we are working on at this time and will require the front frame horns to be trimmed back just like on the previous Gen 1 Raptors.

Hope everyone likes them

Jarrett

I'm probably just speaking for myself here, but I would really LOVE to see a bumper with design elements like yours (the rolled bar following the bends of the factory grill) which does NOT require relocation of any factory HW or trimming.

Something I can just bolt in place of the current bumper. If that means losing a bit of the approach angle gains of the designs you posted, that;s fine, with me anyway.

There are some folks here who would really enjoy the aggressive looks of aftermarket bumpers which bolt in to place and do not require relocating the I/C or ACC or trimming of any sort. Plus do NOT interfere with the front camera.

Make one that meets those and I buy it yesterday!

Hell, make it in aluminum and it's a done deal!

Just my opinion though.

Last edited:

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Everyone.

We have finalized our Gen 2 Baja and Baja Smurf bumper design for the Gen 2 Raptor. Keeping with the tradition of our Gen 1 bumpers, these will greatly increased approach angle, be light weight, have flawless fit and finish and transform the front end of the truck into a sleek and functional machine. The top main tube will be rolled and flush to the factory valence and bent to contour the aggressive factory grill vs. just doing a straight tube that hides a key design element on the Gen 2 Raptor.

The Gen2 Baja will accept a 30 light bar between the frame rails just like on our Gen 1, and additional front rolled hoops can be added to both the Gen2 Baja and Baja Smurf Bumpers for additional lighting options.

These will require a relocated front I/C kit which we are working on at this time and will require the front frame horns to be trimmed back just like on the previous Gen 1 Raptors.

We will keep everyone up to speed on updates as they come in. Pricing will be similar to the Gen 1 Baja and Baja Smurf Bumpers.

Hope everyone likes them

Jarrett

gen%202%20bumper%20ad_zpsivxwubzy.jpg

Cool designs!!

I know these trucks are the future but I hope you still have time to build a Baja for me (Gen1) in a few month or so.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So, no factory tow hooks when using this bumper?. How much trimming are we talking here. Love the contour so you see the lower part of the grille. Wish others did the same.

You will loose those but we can add tow hooks to the new bumper plate work.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

They look good, hopefully the bolt on versions have similar lines.

It Will

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

I really like it but I always run a front receiver. Truck needs better approach and departure angles. Already got the first cutting out of the way. When is a SVC bump can system going to ready for Gen 2 trucks? I am sure you are working on something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks.

Bump system is in the works and should be really cool. We are gonna try something a little bit different this go around.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Is the powder coat the exact color match to the stock bumper? Looking forward to seeing these mounted.

Powdercoat will be satin black like always. These are the CAD pics of the design

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

I'm probably just speaking for myself here, but I would really LOVE to see a bumper with design elements like yours (the rolled bar following the bends of the factory grill) which does NOT require relocation of any factory HW or trimming.

Something I can just bolt in place of the current bumper. If that means losing a bit of the approach angle gains of the designs you posted, that;s fine, with me anyway.

There are some folks here who would really enjoy the aggressive looks of aftermarket bumpers which bolt in to place and do not require relocating the I/C or ACC or trimming of any sort. Plus do NOT interfere with the front camera.

Make one that meets those and I buy it yesterday!

Hell, make it in aluminum and it's a done deal!

Just my opinion though.

Keep and eye out for our bolt on version. I think it hits on all the points you just made.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Cool designs!!

I know these trucks are the future but I hope you still have time to build a Baja for me (Gen1) in a few month or so.

Don't worry about that happening. My heart will always be with the Gen 1, but if you want me to still be in business a year from now, we gotta get moving on the Gen 2 stuff as well. These trucks are so different its a challenge to keep both Gen 1 and Gen 2 parts looking the same for branding purposes, but we are figuring it out.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Seriously? You call your bumper a smurf? :snoopfacepalm:

Yep, we call one of our bumpers the Baja Smurf. I can see how this might be confusing to new members of the forum, but for most of the old dogs it makes perfect sense as to why we called it that.

I'll give ya the back story behind it. We built a custom pre-runner that was wrapped in light blue and was very similar to the color of the Smurfs a few years back. When we released pictures of the truck, an FRF member actually called the truck the Smurfrunner, and it kinda stuck from there. Now, why call a bumper this you ask???

Well, I hand built the front bumper on the Smurfrunner myself and the market response was overwhelming. This lead us to put the Smurfrunners front bumper into mass production. Naturally we named the bumper the Baja Smurf after our very own pre-runner.:snoopfacepalm:

Here is a pic of truck so you can see the original bumper for yourself

Jarrett

1200x360_zps31rdbapv.png