New valve stems with new wheels???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Reaction score
So I went to ford today to get new valve stems since I’m going to mount the methods.. they want $42 a piece and don’t have them in stock. Is that what the general community is doing?

Seems outrageous to me.

OP
OP
Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Reaction score
I was on my phone earlier so I didn't want to type out all of this...

So I have a buddy of mine who is a mechanic at BMW who is putting my tires on for me (using the stock tire on method wheels). He didn't want to swap the stems because "they weren't coming out easy" and he didn't want to break one with no possibility of us getting another one after hours... Thus leaving the truck either in there or him having to do another wheel at another time when I found a stem. I understand and agree.

I have another buddy that works at Ford as a mechanic. He believes all Ford's use the same TPMS and that it might just be a different length stem that fits the bead lock capable wheels so that the stem doesn't stick out of the wheel.

I'm going to snap a set from him in the morning and try it out. $42 for a stem is ridiculous. If the standard stem doesn't work I'll have to order another set but will at least get them at a $24 discount this time around.