New Raptors to have SoundScreen? Anyone know?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
The soundscreen windshield makes a huge difference helping with wind noise and rain noise. Like mentioned above, though, it won't help with tire noise. Personally, I don't think it makes $500 worth of difference......

Idk. I know it's all personal preference, but I asked about whether or not it came with the new trucks because I planned on putting it in if the Raptors didn't come with it. I love it on my SD. The cab is rather quiet, even with Toyo M/Ts. I don't attribute this entirely to the SS windscreen, but wind noise and rain is definitely muted a lot. I don't expect Mercedes S class or Lexus quiet, but I don't mind paying a little extra to get a quieter cab.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get your point, I just think what $500 would be better spent on like suspension, lighting, etc. Plus, I'm on my 3rd windshield in my 2014, so it doesn't really pay to spend that much every 6 months or so for me! LOL

I really did like the soundscreen in my '13 Platinum for all the reasons that you quoted.....

mridahodan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my window replaced recently and I didn't know anything about sounds screen. I just made sure they gave me an "OEM" window with the ford logo on it. It turns out it is the sound screen. It was noticeably quieter. My wife even made a comment. I got it replaced through my insurance company so I only paid the deductible, but the receipt they gave me only showed that it was $318. I'm not sure if that is the contract price the insurance company gets or if that would be the cost I would have paid if I didn't have insurance on it.