New Raptor! Question about Engine Block Heater Cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randman13

Reaction score
Hello all, glad to be a new member of the Raptor community! Over the weekend just picked up my 2018 Ruby Red Raptor...absolutely loving it so far!

One question I have is: Is the engine block heater cord supposed to stick out between the bumper and the facia as shown in the photo? Or is this a mis-build?

Would appreciate anyone's insight on this!

Attachments

• Raptor Bumper.jpg
    Raptor Bumper.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 148
  • R Raptor 1.jpg
    R Raptor 1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 134

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was unaware this was even an option. That said I've had diesels start in Alaskan winters without block heaters. But from a comfort in the winter stand point i kind of want o e now.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was the same way... I zip tied it up somewhere to hold it up out of sight.

Where are you guys that you need an engine block heater...just curious? I remember going to Fargo ND years back on business and they had engine block heater stands in the parking lots...sort of like you'd see EV charging stands today!

How about a Velcro solution?

OP, welcome to the forum and what brand is your hood protector? Most are too bulky/obnoxious for my taste but that one looks like it follows the hood line pretty tight? Was thinking about painting it OEM paint color so it would blend in and not be so noticeable...

Last edited:

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That spot makes the most sense. It wouldn't fit through the grill shutters like most vehicles.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Los Angeles so I don't need one at all... mine was hanging down like the OP's nevertheless.

Interesting, did you pick yours up in a cold weather state? Can't imagine Ford including engine block heaters on every Raptor and didn't see that as an option? I ask as mine is coming into St. Louis, MO and wondering if it will have the engine block heater (don't think so)?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting, did you pick yours up in a cold weather state? Can't imagine Ford including engine block heaters on every Raptor and didn't see that as an option? I ask as mine is coming into St. Louis, MO and wondering if it will have the engine block heater (don't think so)?

Yeah I bought the truck in North Dakota - maybe that's why then. I just assumed every truck had one with the 802A?

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Block heater is standard in several states. States were cold is defined as 'when my **** hits the ground, it's already frozen'.

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

OP, welcome to the forum and what brand is your hood protector? Most are too bulky/obnoxious for my taste but that one looks like it follows the hood line pretty tight? Was thinking about painting it OEM paint color so it would blend in and not be so noticeable...

Yeah, is that the OEM one or another brand?