Mud flaps for Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the functionality, but gawd, mud flaps look hideous to me. I'd rather grab a handle full of road grime[emoji847] Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That latest FRF video - Raptor, TRD Pro and Power Wagon mashup they made a point to illustrate the Raptor’s propensity to fling mud all over the under side of the steps and door handles. I can see where this would be an issue as the truck has the door handle sensors and I can set them off by just spraying water at the door handle. Maybe some flexible front flaps wouldn’t be bad.

I always liked the Yosemite Sam ones when I was kid :biggrin:

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darin, are those PDP flaps flexible? I am getting tired of cleaning all the mud off my truck and those look nice but if they are a stiff plastic they will get destroyed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Darin, are those PDP flaps flexible? I am getting tired of cleaning all the mud off my truck and those look nice but if they are a stiff plastic they will get destroyed.

They are rigid but they are flexible so they do bend. I just drove a few miles on a gravel road that was thawing from snow and ice. So it had the wet soggy limestone dirt on the top. The flaps did a great job of keeping the spray off of the truck. The rear body side did get spray on it but that was not direct off of the tire.

Yes they are the PDP flaps

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on doing mud flaps too, the heavy rubber ones that flex seems like a good choice for what I need.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That looks Great Darin!

Thanks.

Yup looks good... Block most of the mud?

Yes, very well

I get the functionality, but gawd, mud flaps look hideous to me. I'd rather grab a handle full of road grime[emoji847] Enjoy!

I don't care for the look of mud flaps either. However I'm so fussy about my stuff that I decided to put mud flaps on. I couldn't handle when I was driving down the road and would hear the rocks fly out of the tires and smack the body of the truck.

I only put the flaps on the front to begin with. I think for the application this flap looks as appropriate as you can find for a Raptor. Basic kind of utilitarian kind of look. Then I ripped through a snow covered field with soft ground underneath and it spun grass and mud all up under the back of the truck. Exhaust, bumper, trailer hitch and out through between the top of the bumper and the body. So it threw shit everywhere. That's when I decided to buy another set for the back.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The pdp held up to 75k miles of abuse on my gen 1. And several hard off road trips. Only had them on the front.
Still debating to put on the gen2

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I will order a set and if they work well, take off the running boards. The flaps might block more rock/dirt/sand than the boards do. Plus they would be cherry for the next person. I am sure I will destroy them if they stay on the truck.

NO LIMIT

Reaction score
The pdp held up to 75k miles of abuse on my gen 1. And several hard off road trips. Only had them on the front.
Still debating to put on the gen2

I have had the pdp mud flaps on 2 Raptors now total approx 250000 miles between both trucks with alot of off road driving at work that I regulaly get a 2-3" coating of mud in my wheel wells.
My Fender Flares are Armagaurded so I actually take a shovel to scrape out the mud from my wheel wells, Fender Flares and mud flaps before hitting the hyw again. The pdp mud flaps have stood up so well that they will be going on my Gen2 next month.
...I mounted mine a little higher than Darrin did. Basically so the bottom of the mud flap is at the mid point of the tire. It gets most of the mud but still looks good. I can't remember how to post a pic other wise I would but from ground to bottom of mud flap is 12" on my Gen1