Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]

Magnetic Raptor..Any images?

This is a discussion on Magnetic Raptor..Any images? within the Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
I thought I'd keep the thread alive, Thib posted some pictures he got in the wild:...

User Tag List

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2016, 10:00 AM   #21 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
I thought I'd keep the thread alive, Thib posted some pictures he got in the wild:

Thib likes this.

raptorwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:11 AM   #22 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I actually placed my order to be Magnetic, then when all the pictures started showing up, it just didn't do IT for me, so I changed the order to Lightning Blue. To each their own of course and I hope we're all damn happy with our choices. Here's to ordering $65k trucks sight unseen <lol>.
taco-13 likes this.

StrikerHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by StrikerHawk View Post
I actually placed my order to be Magnetic, then when all the pictures started showing up, it just didn't do IT for me, so I changed the order to Lightning Blue. To each their own of course and I hope we're all damn happy with our choices. Here's to ordering $65k trucks sight unseen <lol>.
What didn't you like about it? I am seriously considering switching to Ruby Red.
raptorwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:06 PM   #24 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by raptorwarrior View Post
What didn't you like about it? I am seriously considering switching to Ruby Red.
There just wasn't enough contrast between the paint and the trim to make anything stand out on the vehicle. Now I'm at an obvious disadvantage having never seen one in person, so I could be totally wrong, but that's my take away from the pictures. The Ruby Red is amazing looking, both seeing it in person on other Ford vehicles and in the Raptor pictures, but Blue has always spoken to me more than any other color.
raptorwarrior likes this.

StrikerHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:47 PM   #25 (permalink)

I'm Batman

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

I agree. The Magnetic looks to monotone for me. I considered the Lightning Blue but I felt it was to light. I always liked Deep Impact Blue. Lightning Blue looks good in some lighting but looks to light in direct sunlight. I went with Ruby Red since I haven't seen a lighting condition that makes it look bad. I also like that it isn't a popular color so I won't see a lot of them. It seems like the two most popular colors are Avalanche and Lightning Blue.
raptorwarrior likes this.

2017 Ruby Red SCREW 802A-Ordered 8/3, Built 10/14, Released from Factory 12/12, Accepted by Shipping Company 12/27, Delivered 1/19
crash457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:52 AM   #26 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

New one from @mrlevine on instagram.. looks good IMO
Attached Thumbnails
img_1120.jpg  
Jimbo and WestTXRaptor3 like this.

Old 10-10-2016, 01:42 PM   #27 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yah, I'm stuck w/ my choice, excited never the less. Funny thing is I'm "that guy" that ordered magnetic as a result of a "family committee".......... lol. Wife wanted black son wanted lightning blue, I loved the white. So I already have a bunch of carbon planned for the magnetic we ordered. Dealer said way to late to change color.

Going to be covered w/ mud anyways. Can't wait !!!

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

OK. Forget any second thoughts. I just saw a post from Chris "2017 Ford Raptor: High Resolution Photos within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums" and the video shows the truck in motion and magnetic looked great the way the light bounces off it at various angles. Its going to look awesome in person.
matt33 and Means2212 like this.
muddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:29 PM   #28 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by muddawg View Post
Yah, I'm stuck w/ my choice, excited never the less. Funny thing is I'm "that guy" that ordered magnetic as a result of a "family committee".......... lol. Wife wanted black son wanted lightning blue, I loved the white. So I already have a bunch of carbon planned for the magnetic we ordered. Dealer said way to late to change color.

Going to be covered w/ mud anyways. Can't wait !!!

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

OK. Forget any second thoughts. I just saw a post from Chris "2017 Ford Raptor: High Resolution Photos within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums" and the video shows the truck in motion and magnetic looked great the way the light bounces off it at various angles. Its going to look awesome in person.
I thought the exact same thing. I was torn between white, ag, and ruby. Some how I said Magnetic when pressured for the color and after the most recent pictures and videos I couldn't be happier...

Old 10-10-2016, 06:19 PM   #29 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

Sample images from the build program

Sitdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:05 PM   #30 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

video of magnetic in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34XVQ6-dCtI
SOAKINRED likes this.
Sitdown is offline   Reply With Quote