GEN 2 A lot of rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this typical wear for a 2017? Looks like the previous owner drove this thing through the ocean... unless these parts rust on everyones’ trucks.

Should I not worry about it?

IMG_2420.jpg
IMG_2415.jpg
IMG_2413.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lancemccollum

Reaction score

chujk1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine has 500 miles on it and it looks like that. I'm sure its nothing to worry about.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sprayed Corban 35 on all of those parts from day one on my 2014 with 6 miles on it. They all had the same amount of rust as you show. I was annoyed that there was no corrosion protection on those bare steel parts myself.

R,
HAP

ewm98

Reaction score
There is actually a zinc coating on the parts that cause the surface rust. By allowing the top coating to rust you make it so the metal underneath won’t. While it’s definitely not pretty it is effective.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is actually a zinc coating on the parts that cause the surface rust. By allowing the top coating to rust you make it so the metal underneath won’t. While it’s definitely not pretty it is effective.

This isn’t right at all