Linex'd Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
@srs would you open your Line-X shop already and do my truck?!

jaredstrauss

Reaction score
I think it looks good. Definitely gonna get haters tho.

I think you are underestimating the weight increase. I recall reading somewhere that someone did this and it added a few hundred pounds which was a huge percentage of the payload capability.

I was told getting it done to a bicycle frame would add 5lbs so I think you’re right. It’s gotta be over 100lbs

OP
OP
J

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this online. According to a line-x installer.......

"LINE-X will add like 500 lbs" - False, We spray exteriors around 65mils on average. At that thickness you achieve the tough coating you want and don't add a significant amount of weight. Less than 90 lbs on average for a full size vehicle completely sprayed. About as much weight as your cooler stocked with "sodas" and ice.

I dont know but now im curious. I have a sand plant down the road from my house.. I may have to run it across the scales. It doesn't feel noticeably heavier when accelerating.

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I always thought this would be a good idea if I really trashed my paint from offroading or years of ownership. Wonder what a white would look like and if it would look faded.

OP
OP
J

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has a White 18 Raptor. Now that she sees mine she wants to line-x hers. Plus there is an identical raptor to hers in town. Dude even running same fogs and very similar wheels. Needless to say she is pissed lol. She will be going line-x white with satin black accents. The painter said he can give it a gloss look using the same method he did with my truck. When she pulls the trigger I’ll post the pics.

Looks good! I always thought this would be a good idea if I really trashed my paint from offroading or years of ownership. Wonder what a white would look like and if it would look faded.