Line X over powder coat on SVC bumpers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recently picked up an SVC bumper for my 2018 from another member. It has a few small chips/scratches from mounting/unmounting but is in excellent condition overall as it was only on his truck for 500 miles.
I was thinking about having it line x before I install it since I live in the NE and powder coatings tend not to last to many winters with all of the salt. Anyone ever do Line X over powder or will I need to strip it? I've seen mixed responses online. I would assume the installer just needs to scuff up the powder before spraying it.

Or should I just run it powder coated as I probably will not have this truck for more than 3 years.

Last edited:

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this on my old Dodge. Road armour bumper and powercoating started to chip. Shop removed, sand blasted the remaining powder coat and surface rust off, then line x'd. I absolutely loved it and was very happy with it. Looked great and super easy to clean just by spraying it off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk