Limb lifters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas of how we may install some limb lifters on a Gen 2? Making brackets for the ends of the hood should be doable, but without a roof rack, any ideas on how to attach eye loops on the roof side?

In the tight trails up here in the north east, limb lifters help a lot to keep pinstripes down.

IMG_0840.jpg

file-29.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas of how we may install some limb lifters on a Gen 2? Making brackets for the ends of the hood should be doable, but without a roof rack, any ideas on how to attach eye loops on the roof side?

In the tight trails up here in the north east, limb lifters help a lot to keep pinstripes down.

IMG_0840.jpg

file-29.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

Woah, I have never seen that before. Pretty clever idea. You must live near some heavy bush to require guy lines on your rig.

After looking around it seems like most of the rigs that have these limb lifters have pretty vertical windows (jeeps, fjs, land crusiers, land rovers). I may be totally off on this, but the window for the Raptors seems to almost follow the same lines of a limb lifter if you were to fit it with that setup. Could it be that you could get away without the guylines?

It might be a totally ignorant question, so sorry if it is. My wheeling with the truck has been more in the open space of deserts.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woah, I have never seen that before. Pretty clever idea. You must live near some heavy bush to require guy lines on your rig.

After looking around it seems like most of the rigs that have these limb lifters have pretty vertical windows (jeeps, fjs, land crusiers, land rovers). I may be totally off on this, but the window for the Raptors seems to almost follow the same lines of a limb lifter if you were to fit it with that setup. Could it be that you could get away without the guylines?

It might be a totally ignorant question, so sorry if it is. My wheeling with the truck has been more in the open space of deserts.

haha, never heard them referred to as "guy lines" before.

It has very little to do with the vertical windows (though that's a good observation!). Its about lifting the brush off your path so that it doesn't scratch the shit out of your paint, or worse, poke a hole in your glass, or get tangled up with your gear.

Yes, we have very thick brush and narrow trails. Especially in the fall. So the "limb lifters" or "limb risers" as they are also called, simply lift the tree limbs out of your path and away from the truck.

Or55CPuHVgAXXtQZOc0vvecDVo1JpmP2cEoti=w453-h612-no.jpg

hoQEOpIAJNx5TQ3YxJSS-NOY4n54DlqkbedHT=w828-h612-no.jpg

xjsSpMs8PNn-J2yxyKOD1PaoFTneUR7cZtGPD=w453-h612-no.jpg

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you're worried about tight trails why are you getting a raptor? Width is going to be a big issue for you, especially if you're worried about bush striping.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Well...I guess your hood won't get stripes to match the roof and sides of the truck...but you have to mount ugly ass eye-bolts and steel cable so i call it a wash.

Maybe I just don't get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter