license plate frames

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventure

Reaction score
Lame topic, I know, but does anyone have a favorite license plate frame / edge cover that they've found? Paint matched for the front would be swell (magnetic gray). Seems like someone should be offering them that way all painted up already but I can't find 'em. Thanks in advance.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe somebody will offer a clean kit to mount the front off to the side like the original Ecoboost trucks? :wink:

I really don't want to mount my front plate in front of the intercooler... :frown:

Hornettt

Reaction score
OEM License plate bracket front

Guess I'm an idiot. Anybody have some advice on how to get the front bracket off? What tool? I thought it would be a hex, or screw.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe somebody will offer a clean kit to mount the front off to the side like the original Ecoboost trucks? :wink:

I really don't want to mount my front plate in front of the intercooler... :frown:

Mine is pretty clean. Its just a universal plate mount screwed into the plastic.

bracket6scr.jpg

You cant do it if you have adaptive cruise though.

Rodbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ticket for no front license

I have had my Raptor for 3 years now and have never run a front plate. With a custom SVC front bumper and light bar, I didn't want to mess up the clean look. Well about two weeks ago as I drove up in my Sequoia, I noticed an envelope under my drivers windshield wiper on my Raptor that was parked in front of my house on the street.

It was a ticket from our local police department for $40 for not displaying a front plate. I have always had it in my console. Soooo I started playing with ideas for a clean flexible mount that wouldn't get tore off or look like shit.

I decided to go with a similar rear plate design I have on my boat. It is hard plastic that flexes backwards as I pull my submerged boat trailer out of the water. This has worked perfect for 7 years.

I jumped on Amazon and found a few that looked like they would work and ordered them. I got two that looked like they might give me the look and flex I was wanting. My next issue is I wanted to be clean and easy to remove when doing long off road runs. I decider to drill/tap two 1/4 20 holes and use allan type heads painted Red.

Once installed I asked my neighbor who is a CHP to sigh off my ticket, so I would only have to pay $10.
So far I like the look and it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would

Here is a picture of what I did, I don't care if my Lic numbers show. I have nothing to hide

Attachments

• 512 113.jpg
    512 113.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 512 118.jpg
    512 118.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my Raptor for 3 years now and have never run a front plate. With a custom SVC front bumper and light bar, I didn't want to mess up the clean look. Well about two weeks ago as I drove up in my Sequoia, I noticed an envelope under my drivers windshield wiper on my Raptor that was parked in front of my house on the street.

It was a ticket from our local police department for $40 for not displaying a front plate. I have always had it in my console. Soooo I started playing with ideas for a clean flexible mount that wouldn't get tore off or look like shit.

I decided to go with a similar rear plate design I have on my boat. It is hard plastic that flexes backwards as I pull my submerged boat trailer out of the water. This has worked perfect for 7 years.

I jumped on Amazon and found a few that looked like they would work and ordered them. I got two that looked like they might give me the look and flex I was wanting. My next issue is I wanted to be clean and easy to remove when doing long off road runs. I decider to drill/tap two 1/4 20 holes and use allan type heads painted Red.

Once installed I asked my neighbor who is a CHP to sigh off my ticket, so I would only have to pay $10.
So far I like the look and it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would

Here is a picture of what I did, I don't care if my Lic numbers show. I have nothing to hide

I'm curious - Did you consider positioning the plate to the side of your light bar rather than under it so that it would end up higher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk