LED License Plate Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Nick@Apollo-Optics, what kind of solution do you have for the iffy factory #921 backup bulbs on the GEN1 Raptors? Brightness (lack thereof) is the issue, and clearance inside the factory light housing is a definite fitment factor.

Last edited:

Monsoon Chopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they hard to install? Do you get under the bumper pull them out?

It took less than 5 minutes for the entire project. That includes unboxing the LED's, installing them, testing that they worked, finding a home for the remaining 4 LED's and washing my hands afterwards.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Nick@Apollo-Optics, what kind of solution do you have for the iffy factory #921 backup bulbs on the GEN1 Raptors? Brightness (lack thereof) is the issue, and clearance inside the factory light housing is a definite fitment factor.

Hey Ruger. We've got a few different options for the reverse lights. I'll send you a message!

Thanks!

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to be a newbie and a bit "dumb" but looked the switch out bulbs today but could not figure out how to get cover off? any suggestions on how everyone is doing this??? its a bit cold here so I gave up and wanted to be sure what I was doing before going back out to switch out the bulbs. Thanks for any help. Now I did peak under neath; so is everyone just pulling the light housing out of the holder?

MRxGREEN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to be a newbie and a bit "dumb" but looked the switch out bulbs today but could not figure out how to get cover off? any suggestions on how everyone is doing this??? its a bit cold here so I gave up and wanted to be sure what I was doing before going back out to switch out the bulbs. Thanks for any help. Now I did peak under neath; so is everyone just pulling the light housing out of the holder?

I didn't take the cover off. Just pulled out the plug from the other side and switched out bulbs.

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yep. Grab the light socket / cable from BEHIND the bumper and give it a quarter turn. The light socket pops out, and you can replace the bulb from there. No need to remove the cover / lens on the outside of the bumper.

I actually found one of my bulbs to be really tight. I was afraid I'd break the bulb trying to grab it and pull it out. I have fat fingers and couldn't get a good grip. I used a small piece of shelf liner foam to better grip the bulb. Popped right out.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote for the ones from Amazon. Worked great. Had 1 dud so glad I had a bunch of spares! Took me a tad longer than 3 minutes as I had a time getting the actual bulbs out, but easy enough. Thanks for the tips everyone!