LED License Plate Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed some 24 lumens leds and those worked great...until I read about "the 2017 Super Duty license plate light housing swap" on the f150 forum. After I did "the 2017 Super Duty license plate light housing swap" the 24 lumens lights weren't quite bright enough for the new housings. So I bought some 56 lumens LEDs from Nick and now it's perfect.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Install instructions

Lay under truck
Grab back of bulb
Twist and pull outward
Pull old bulb out
Put new bulb in
Push in
Twist to secure.

*time required 5 minutes. 10 if you're special.

Additional instructions. Test bulb is working before reinstalling it. I have faith you can do this without a video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lamp sockets pop out of the bumper if you squeeze the tabs and push from behind, so if you are lazy like me, you don't even have to lay under the truck. And polarity matters so definitely make sure they illuminate before you put it all back together.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
One of my bulbs went out last night and nick has already sent me a replacement set. Thought you all would like to know he stands by his products. Try getting service like that on amazon to all you guys who opted to buy those ones!!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
One of my bulbs went out last night and nick has already sent me a replacement set. Thought you all would like to know he stands by his products. Try getting service like that on amazon to all you guys who opted to buy those ones!!

Thank you for your kind review, Rob. Sorry for the headache!