GEN 2 Lead foot with Oem gloss back Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waldramos13

Reaction score
Hi guys

I bought a 2018 raptor lead foot that comes with the regular brush and grey Rims that i didnt like much, would you guys think the they may look better if i paint those wheels in Gloss black, Satin black. If somebody has done and has pictures that can send me would be helpful

Thanks in advance Waldemar

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180101-174828.jpg
    Screenshot_20180101-174828.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 20180103_230106.jpg
    20180103_230106.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never tried this, but you could probably pretty easily Plasti Dip them on your own to see if you like the look? May even be good enough that you call it quits there, or you could peel it and go whatever direction you want. Just a thought.

You now have me thinking about doing this on my own truck. Nice going ..... you just added to my list of things to do. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’ve plastidipped wheels before, it’s literally impossible to screw up. As long as you stick with black the results are always good. I’ve always left it satin and for the most part they hold up way better than expected and look better than most will admit. $20 for a couple rattle cans will give a great representation if you want to get them powder coated.

Personally, I dislike the polished face. If it was my truck I’d call the powder coater or wheel guy on my way home from the dealer... actually, that’s exactly what I did

All that said, There’s a recent pic in the gen 2 photo thread of a lead foot with bronze wheels that makes me question every decision I’ve ever made.

OP
OP
W

waldramos13

Reaction score
I’ve plastidipped wheels before, it’s literally impossible to screw up. As long as you stick with black the results are always good. I’ve always left it satin and for the most part they hold up way better than expected and look better than most will admit. $20 for a couple rattle cans will give a great representation if you want to get them powder coated.

Personally, I dislike the polished face. If it was my truck I’d call the powder coater or wheel guy on my way home from the dealer... actually, that’s exactly what I did

All that said, There’s a recent pic in the gen 2 photo thread of a lead foot with bronze wheels that makes me question every decision I’ve ever made.
You have a pic of yours painted? Thats my 2 option bronce rim. Thanks

Reaction score
I do not, I ordered new wheels. I was really encouraging you to try the plastidip. It’s 100% removable, cost is nominal, and it allows you to see exactly what it will look like on your truck. Sorry I can’t be more help than that.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im in the same boat , i dont like the BL at all and the silver on the others is just wrong. Im going to look into getting them painted , prob the bumper colour

Bjoeaull

Reaction score
If it was me and I wanted the black oem style, I'd get a set off eBay, then just sell yours. Unless you could find some more local, that'd be cheaper. I think I saw some oem and replica versions. Worth a look