GEN 2 Installed the BakFlip MX4 this morning (pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the BakFlip MX4 this morning. It would definitely be easier to install with a helper, but quite doable by yourself in under an hour, as I found out this morning. I had a BakFlip F1 on my GEN 1, so I like the fact that I can close the tailgate on the MX4 when it's completely closed without damage.

Props to Morrie at the TonneauFactoryOutlet for hooking me up below MAP price. Give him a chance to earn your business if you are looking for one.

32406358084_6f6ec064f5_k.jpg

32867136890_c26054afff_k.jpg

32406357844_b444d428e7_k.jpg

Last edited:

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, is that Bakflip logo in the lower left hand side removable? Any other logos on it?

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know that I would attempt to remove it, it's like silkscreened on there. The other logo sticker thingy comes off though.
Question- when you remote open the tailgate, does it drop or stick closed?

sea2jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my MX4. The tailgate works normally using the remote

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Cover looks good. The MX4 is definitely our biggest seller of all the covers we sell. Morrie has been supplying tonneau covers here for some time (I purchased from him myself several years ago) but I've already had a few folks bring me Morrie's price, I've beat it.

If anyone needs a comparison quote, doesn't hurt to inquiry, just PM me.