Installed Bakflip MX4 - love this thing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zach.RealTruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not that we don't love free advertising but we do ask that the actual pricing not be posted. This could disrupt the ability for us to continue to discount the products in the future.

Also, as everyone knows prices go up for materials and our costs may go up as well. Not saying we won't still work to get you the best price but we cannot always guarantee that a price seen 3 months ago is still valid.

Please message me if you have any questions concerning Bakflip.com or Realtruck.

Thanks, Zach

Reaction score
Not that we don't love free advertising but we do ask that the actual pricing not be posted. This could disrupt the ability for us to continue to discount the products in the future.

Also, as everyone knows prices go up for materials and our costs may go up as well. Not saying we won't still work to get you the best price but we cannot always guarantee that a price seen 3 months ago is still valid.

Please message me if you have any questions concerning Bakflip.com or Realtruck.

Thanks, Zach

Sorry just changed my original post.....I figured the additional "buzz" would drive additional business and thus was the strategy......

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I understand completely! Hope you enjoy the cover and if you need anything just let me know!

Just bought an MX4 from RealTruck...got the forum discount via chat...well worth it. Bak is also now running a rebate of $75 OR a free BakBox2 tool box, a $289 retail value, making the net deal that much better. Rebate good on purchases made between June 1 and June 17.

The only reason I was on the fence about the BakFlip MX4 was the cost...this deal and rebate totally eliminate that issue. If you get the cover and the tool box, you are saving over $500 off retail. So, if you are on the fence, now is a good time to get off it with this deal/vendor. Thank you, RealTruck.

Zach.RealTruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just bought an MX4 from RealTruck...got the forum discount via chat...well worth it. Bak is also now running a rebate of $75 OR a free BakBox2 tool box, a $289 retail value, making the net deal that much better. Rebate good on purchases made between June 1 and June 17.

The only reason I was on the fence about the BakFlip MX4 was the cost...this deal and rebate totally eliminate that issue. If you get the cover and the tool box, you are saving over $500 off retail. So, if you are on the fence, now is a good time to get off it with this deal/vendor. Thank you, RealTruck.

It is our pleasure to help out the Forum community. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to message me. I'm not always in the office but I or my team will do our best to get back to you quickly.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been flip floping between this and the revolver x4. They are about the same price.

The Mx4 seems more secure, waterproof, and solid but I don't like the idea of having no visibility if I need the bed.

The revolver x4 is better for visibility but im afraid of it rattling, less waterproof, and how easy it is to break into.

I go mountain biking almost every weekend and need at least half the bed since I throw the front wheel over the tailgate.

Admin.RealTruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've been flip floping between this and the revolver x4. They are about the same price.

The Mx4 seems more secure, waterproof, and solid but I don't like the idea of having no visibility if I need the bed.

The revolver x4 is better for visibility but im afraid of it rattling, less waterproof, and how easy it is to break into.

I go mountain biking almost every weekend and need at least half the bed since I throw the front wheel over the tailgate.

You bring up a lot of great points. The MX4 is a great design if you foresee yourself needing partial bed access often, as it is able to provide either full access by blocking the rear window or 2/3 access by folding on top of itself. The MX4 is also just powder coated aluminum panels, so if you live in a state where you get a lot of heavy sun it would be the most UV resistant, even more so then the matte finish vinyl the X4 uses.

I will give a slight edge to the X4 in terms of water resistance however, as the vinyl covers all seams and hinges and helps to prevent water from permeating the seals and seeping into the bed. Both should be very water resistant though. With that being said, the X4 does have the pivoting rail that covers the hinges, to help increase security, so you cannot open it at a halfway point.

Both are great covers, but designed for different customers. If you need partial bed access, the MX4 can fold on top of itself twice and be strapped down in that position, so you can still use a tailgate pad, etc., without blocking the back window. Hope this helps you narrow is down a bit and feel free to let me know if you have any further questions between the two covers. Once you make a decision, I encourage you to PM me as we offer some great FRF exclusive pricing too.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You bring up a lot of great points. The MX4 is a great design if you foresee yourself needing partial bed access often, as it is able to provide either full access by blocking the rear window or 2/3 access by folding on top of itself. The MX4 is also just powder coated aluminum panels, so if you live in a state where you get a lot of heavy sun it would be the most UV resistant, even more so then the matte finish vinyl the X4 uses.

I will give a slight edge to the X4 in terms of water resistance however, as the vinyl covers all seams and hinges and helps to prevent water from permeating the seals and seeping into the bed. Both should be very water resistant though. With that being said, the X4 does have the pivoting rail that covers the hinges, to help increase security, so you cannot open it at a halfway point.

Both are great covers, but designed for different customers. If you need partial bed access, the MX4 can fold on top of itself twice and be strapped down in that position, so you can still use a tailgate pad, etc., without blocking the back window. Hope this helps you narrow is down a bit and feel free to let me know if you have any further questions between the two covers. Once you make a decision, I encourage you to PM me as we offer some great FRF exclusive pricing too.

I appreciate the feedback. I would be 100% for the Mx4 if I knew I could fold it into the last 3rd and still put my bike in the back. Unfortunately I can't find measurements on the tonneau when it's folded up. I have a pretty big mountain bike a 73 inches wheel to wheel. I don't know anyone with one or I would just measure it out.