Installed Bakflip MX4 - love this thing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heffneil

Reaction score
Did you guys also get it for $700? I noticed only a 3 year warranty? That doesn't seem really long? I can only tell you I have / had an extang soft cover on my Dodge. It has a lifetime warranty but its been destroyed and Extang told me they don't make it anymore. I can buy a new one with a significant discount if I can produce the receipt from 14 years ago. Not so cool

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you guys also get it for $700? I noticed only a 3 year warranty? That doesn't seem really long? I can only tell you I have / had an extang soft cover on my Dodge. It has a lifetime warranty but its been destroyed and Extang told me they don't make it anymore. I can buy a new one with a significant discount if I can produce the receipt from 14 years ago. Not so cool

So you buy a $70k truck with a 3 year warranty and that's okay, but a $700 topper is not?

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you head on over to f150 forum. They have a group buy going on. Got my mx4 for 650 shipped

heffneil

Reaction score
So you buy a $70k truck with a 3 year warranty and that's okay, but a $700 topper is not?

That is a valid point. I guess if extang has a "lifetime warranty" I wonder? Albeit not a real lifetime warranty based on my experience.

A lot of trucks have 5 year body paint or even lifetime.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

If you head on over to f150 forum. They have a group buy going on. Got my mx4 for 650 shipped

Which F150 forum? I haven't bought my truck yet but I think I will order this one as soon as I do!

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a valid point. I guess if extang has a "lifetime warranty" I wonder? Albeit not a real lifetime warranty based on my experience.

A lot of trucks have 5 year body paint or even lifetime.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Which F150 forum? I haven't bought my truck yet but I think I will order this one as soon as I do!

I just sent a PM on the F150 board. I'm in Houston and once I get a price I will let everyone know.

Side question, right now I have a 2015 King Ranch w/ 5.5' bed. I assume that the bed cover for my 2015 would be the same cover for a Raptor. I do not have my Raptor yet as it should come in before Christmas. I will get the bed cover now and I just want to make sure that if something falls through with my Raptor purchase that the cover will still fit my King Ranch.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

I just got a price on $695 all in shipped to Houston for the MX4.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sent a PM on the F150 board. I'm in Houston and once I get a price I will let everyone know.

Side question, right now I have a 2015 King Ranch w/ 5.5' bed. I assume that the bed cover for my 2015 would be the same cover for a Raptor. I do not have my Raptor yet as it should come in before Christmas. I will get the bed cover now and I just want to make sure that if something falls through with my Raptor purchase that the cover will still fit my King Ranch.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Same bed, cover will fit

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the lead. I ordered mine today. Quoted $725 shipped and qualifies for the $50 rebate. So final price is $675 which is $300 plus tax cheaper then my local dealer.