Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.


Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]

If you're interested in paint coatings I'll get you sorted


This is a discussion on If you're interested in paint coatings I'll get you sorted within the Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by butts182 The coating never seemed good or slick. The only thing that ever made it nice was ...


User Tag List

Like Tree18Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2017, 06:07 AM   #171 (permalink)
 
TRIMMELL's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: KS,OK,TX
Age: 29
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by butts182 View Post
The coating never seemed good or slick. The only thing that ever made it nice was Reload. Just did a test with water on freshly washed hood without Reload. Water did not run off or bead up at all. Sprayed Reload on and wiped off with a perfectly clean orange towel that I believe I got from Car Pro, and the water beads up and runs off. I took a video of each situation (test) and would love to send it to you to get your opinion because right now I feel like I wasted $1500. Can you PM me your number?
Sent you a PM
ranger22 likes this.






__________________
Detailing ninja - Prius troller extraordinaire - "V6 hater" - Monster addict - Aftermarket parts dealer
TRIMMELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:46 AM   #172 (permalink)
Member

 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by TRIMMELL View Post
I took a look at their site. You should be fine with them!


Are you familiar with the Ceramic Pro Strong product?

It's supposed to be used for undercoating and offers the equivalent protection of 40 layers of 9H.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Bruno74; 07-03-2017 at 05:11 PM.
Bruno74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:03 AM   #173 (permalink)
 
TRIMMELL's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: KS,OK,TX
Age: 29
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by Bruno74 View Post
Are you familiar with the Ceramic Pro Strong product?

It's supposed to be used for undercoating and offers the equivalent protection of 40 layers of 9H.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not. I just looked it up and I would probably not put that on a truck. The stuff is more for the industrial setting. It did say it could be used on wheels but I would imagine if you have any issues with it that need fixed it's probably a huge pain in the ass to fix.


__________________
Detailing ninja - Prius troller extraordinaire - "V6 hater" - Monster addict - Aftermarket parts dealer
TRIMMELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:10 PM   #174 (permalink)
Member

 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Peoria, AZ
Age: 44
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Do you know somewhere trustworthy in the Phoenix area to get ceramic costing done? I know of Detail Boss in Scottsdale who will do Ceramic Pro Gold (at a price to match!), wondering if there are some others i should be looking at.

Thanks!
rock342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:25 PM   #175 (permalink)
 
TRIMMELL's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: KS,OK,TX
Age: 29
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by rock342 View Post
Do you know somewhere trustworthy in the Phoenix area to get ceramic costing done? I know of Detail Boss in Scottsdale who will do Ceramic Pro Gold (at a price to match!), wondering if there are some others i should be looking at.

Thanks!
Sorry for the late reply, I've been absolutely slammed the last few weeks. Check out CQuartz Finest of Pheonix! (480) 201-6270


__________________
Detailing ninja - Prius troller extraordinaire - "V6 hater" - Monster addict - Aftermarket parts dealer
TRIMMELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:47 AM   #176 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default IGL Coatings?
Hi Trimmell and everyone, the nearest CQuartz authorized installer is a bit of a hike, but I did find another detailer who said he used to use CQuartz but moved away from them because they're difficult to apply during the colder winter months here in the Northeast. He is instead using IGL Coatings (not Kenzo yet). Do you have any experience or opinions on IGL Coatings?

Thanks!
mcmiked97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:45 PM   #177 (permalink)
 
TRIMMELL's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: KS,OK,TX
Age: 29
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by mcmiked97 View Post
Hi Trimmell and everyone, the nearest CQuartz authorized installer is a bit of a hike, but I did find another detailer who said he used to use CQuartz but moved away from them because they're difficult to apply during the colder winter months here in the Northeast. He is instead using IGL Coatings (not Kenzo yet). Do you have any experience or opinions on IGL Coatings?

Thanks!
Good evening!

I do not have any experience with IGL coatings. I tried to view their site but it doesn't load. In the winter coatings just have to be applied in a temperature stable environment. There are different blends of a coating a lot of the time based on the application temperature. Similar to why there is a CQuartz and then a CQuartz UK. The UK is for the colder temperatures and different humidity levels. I would stick with a well known brand and a reliable detailer. Coatings are too difficult to properly remove or fix if they aren't applied right. It's not worth taking the chance.


__________________
Detailing ninja - Prius troller extraordinaire - "V6 hater" - Monster addict - Aftermarket parts dealer
TRIMMELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:13 PM   #178 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by TRIMMELL View Post
Good evening!



I do not have any experience with IGL coatings. I tried to view their site but it doesn't load. In the winter coatings just have to be applied in a temperature stable environment. There are different blends of a coating a lot of the time based on the application temperature. Similar to why there is a CQuartz and then a CQuartz UK. The UK is for the colder temperatures and different humidity levels. I would stick with a well known brand and a reliable detailer. Coatings are too difficult to properly remove or fix if they aren't applied right. It's not worth taking the chance.


Great, thanks for the info!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mcmiked97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone interested in these? daddycreswell Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1] 5 01-18-2016 04:25 PM
Tuxedo Black paint Closeup with Paint Chip WowTechnologies Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum 20 07-26-2014 09:18 PM
Paint Protection - Protecting Your Raptor's Paint From "Pinstriping" MagicMtnDan Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1] 8 08-04-2010 02:45 AM
Paint Protection Done! Protecting My Raptor's Paint From "Pinstriping" MagicMtnDan Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 30 04-30-2010 10:35 AM



GM Truck Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Land Rover Forum
Scion FR-S Forum
TRD Forum
Central US Mopars
Southeast Mopars
Cadillac CTS Forum
Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club
Softball Forum