If you're interested in paint coatings I'll get you sorted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It kinda depends on their "full package". Everyone has a different package for their premium package. For full correction, coating on the wheels, brakes and paint as well as a full interior and exterior detail $1,500-$2k is pretty average in SoCal. I was charging $1,450 for everything unless the vehicle needed a ton of correction.

Their prices seem inline with everyone else in Cali for a vehicle with paint in "new" condition.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It kinda depends on their "full package". Everyone has a different package for their premium package. For full correction, coating on the wheels, brakes and paint as well as a full interior and exterior detail $1,500-$2k is pretty average in SoCal. I was charging $1,450 for everything unless the vehicle needed a ton of correction.

Their prices seem inline with everyone else in Cali for a vehicle with paint in "new" condition.

Something I wasn't aware of and maybe should mention is the number of coats in relation to the price.

My guy here in Florida comes in at 650$ for 1 coat minor corrections, interior, glass etc with light. Start adding in several coats is where a lot of time comes in and added price.

Just good info to take in for new folks like me on this and the gent above.

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something I wasn't aware of and maybe should mention is the number of coats in relation to the price.

My guy here in Florida comes in at 650$ for 1 coat minor corrections, interior, glass etc with light. Start adding in several coats is where a lot of time comes in and added price.

Just good info to take in for new folks like me on this and the gent above.

Most detailers won't do 1 coat. And only a few brands of coating are added in 4+ layers. 2 is pretty much the standard for the industry for the time being.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most detailers won't do 1 coat. And only a few brands of coating are added in 4+ layers. 2 is pretty much the standard for the industry for the time being.

Gotcha makes sense. I watched some videos talking about 8 layers, seemed alittle excessive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha makes sense. I watched some videos talking about 8 layers, seemed alittle excessive.

It's weird. Some brands will stack layers to get the hard protection but then also have a layer that is supposed to get you that freshly waxed look and sometimes they are will have three different formulas stacked on top of eachother that all provide different benefits. Just really depends on the brand. Some are an all in one product and some require multiple layers. The brands that usually have multiple coats of different formulas usually have a badass warranty to go along with it. 5 years, 10 years or lifetime or whatever the detailer wants to warranty it for. Lots of variables.

Last edited:

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's weird. Some brands will stack layers to get the hard protection but then also have a layer that is supposed to get you that freshly waxed look and sometimes they are I'll have three different formulas stacked on top of eachother that all provide different benefits. Just really depends on the brand. Some are an all in one product and some require multiple layers. The brands that usually have multiple coats of different formulas usually have a badass warranty to go along with it. 5 years, 10 years or lifetime or whatever the detailer wants to warranty it for. Lots of variables.

Ceramic pro 9h is what the local guy here uses, I think he is a 2 coat guy maybe? Will find out tomorrow.

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ceramic pro 9h is what the local guy here uses, I think he is a 2 coat guy maybe? Will find out tomorrow.

It depends. The longer the warranty the more coats you're usually paying for. I'll probably start putting a warranty on my coating jobs when I can properly educate people on the proper wash techniques and the dos and don'ts.