If you're interested in paint coatings I'll get you sorted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mane3215

Reaction score
Each coat is extremely thin. So, in theory the more coats the better but I just get concerned with having that many coats bond properly to each other, flash properly and stay perfectly clear. 2-3 coats is kind of the standard. I would recommend 2 coats of 9h and 1 coat of light. That should be enough. Proper maintenance washes will make sure that is more than enough coating. The extra layers would be nice as it will give you more coating that you can repair with ic you end up with micro scratches.

Thanks, well that will save some denaro! What do you think of CQuartz compared to 9h?

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, well that will save some denaro! What do you think of CQuartz compared to 9h?

I use CQuartz in my business so I may be a little biased. I love CQuartz. A lot of these other brands have 2 prodcuts they recommend using for durability and aesthetics where with CQuartz you can apply any of the versions of coating and have both. CQuartz tends to be a bit cheaper as well. The big brands have all came a long way. As long as you stick with the bigger brands and have a quality installer you shouldn't have any issues.

lars464

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trimmell,
Your thoughts on Pearl Nano coatings? This is the product line I may go with.

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trimmell,
Your thoughts on Pearl Nano coatings? This is the product line I may go with.

I haven't heard of them but I did look them up and they seem to be one of the coatings sold on alibaba. The first red flag was "private labeling available" on their site. I would personally steer clear. It may be fine and it may be very durable but in my opinion I would stick to the larger brands. It's just not worth the risk of having issues later on. Removing coating is no easy task. Just my opinion.

roxxxstr

Reaction score
Hi Trimmell, any recommendations for the Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Santa Monica area? Also, what's the difference between C.Quartz Finest and UK? Thanks!

mane3215

Reaction score
I use CQuartz in my business so I may be a little biased. I love CQuartz. A lot of these other brands have 2 prodcuts they recommend using for durability and aesthetics where with CQuartz you can apply any of the versions of coating and have both. CQuartz tends to be a bit cheaper as well. The big brands have all came a long way. As long as you stick with the bigger brands and have a quality installer you shouldn't have any issues.

Ended up scheduling at Reflected Images Detailing and going with CQuartz. Price for Cquartz on entire truck is 1300.00 I believe, waiting for follow up email.

Anxious to get it done, also having Suntek PPF applied to entire front.

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Trimmell, any recommendations for the Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Santa Monica area? Also, what's the difference between C.Quartz Finest and UK? Thanks!

Give Stevens Detailing a call. He is in Ventura and does amazing work. Tell him Josh from Iconic Detailing sent you. (877)557-5054.

The three main versions of CQuartz are as follows. There are a few new versions that just came out but I haven't used them.

-CQuartz Finest- Available only through "certified" installers. To be honest I haven't seen much of a difference between cars I have coated with CQuartz UK or CQuartz Classic and Finest. Finest does give more working time as it doesn't cure as fast but I think what you're paying for with Finest is the fact that they have been "certified" by CarPro that they do great work and perform at the top of the tier. Lots of Finest installers admit that they think UK is the best version. I use UK or Classic depending on the temps/humidity.

-UK-Rumored to be the most durable and hardest curing CQuartz version even by CQuartz Finest installers. UK is available at the consumer level and a lot of us detailers use it. UK is designed for application in colder temps as it cures faster.

-CQuartz Classic- The happy medium of durability, that freshly waxed look and hardness. The main differences between UK and Classic that I have seen is the "warmth" with Classic and the longer working time. UK can really get away from you since it flashes so quick if you're not careful. Classic gives you more time to level any high spots before it cures. Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of the versions.

The Finest installers usually have all three versions available and they will give you their recommendation. Finest will be pushed because they warranty Finest since they are "certified" but you are more than okay using UK or Classic. Someone who gets a vehicle coated can just as easily destroy UK as they can Classic or Finest. Hope this helps.