GEN 2 I ordered this to dry my cars.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, saying a leaf blower works just as well for drying a truck as a dedicated vehicle dryer like the Master Blaster, and costs much less, is really no different that saying an STX F150 works just as well as a Raptor, at half the cost, so who would buy a Raptor.

While both a leaf blower and the Master Blaster Revolution move air, they perform very differently when put to the task of drying a vehicle, especially a truck with the high reach to the roof.

Unlike a blower, which is awkward to effectively direct the air stream to get into the nooks and crannies where water hides out, or to direct the water in the best direction to get it off the truck, the flexible hose on the Master Blaster makes it simple to get into all the vents, the recesses on the windshield cowl, window trim and door handles, and off the hood and roof.

While the leaf blower will remove the bulk water, the directed stream and the easily maneuverable hose/nozzle make it possible to really direct the water off of the truck, in the best direction for each area.

And, like previously posted, the Master Blaster uses filtered, heated air.

In addition, the rubber nozzle on the Master Blaster is not going to scratch your paint if you accidently bump it. Bump your paint with the plastic leaf blower nozzle, then you better get out the machine polisher and correct the damage.

Yes, they are expensive, but I have yet to read a forum post from someone that bought one and then regretted it, or thought that a leaf blower was just as good.

A more economical option for a dedicated drying blower is the Sidekick Blaster. While it does not move as much air as the Master Blaster, or a leaf blower, it has the advantage of using filtered, heated air, and can be directed in the best manner to make the drying the most effective, to not only get the bulk of the water off, but to get into the places where the water hides out, so you don't get streaks or spots when this water eventually drips out.

Certainly, people use and will continue to use leaf blowers to dry after washing, but simply put, it is not the best tool for the job.

Does the sidekick have the power/ability to dry the entire truck or just the stubborn areas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does the sidekick have the power/ability to dry the entire truck or just the stubborn areas ?

The Sidekick Dryer is best suited for getting about 90% of the water off, and getting the stubborn areas, then following up with a towel to finish the job.

While some people will use the Sidekick Dryer to get it to 99%, having used one on my Raptor, I would say that it is not really efficient to try and use it to completely dry.

The Master Blaster Revolution, however, moves a ton of air, and is definitely capable of efficiently drying an entire truck.

It is definitely a "buy once, cry once"' tool! :ROFLJest:

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Sidekick Dryer is best suited for getting about 90% of the water off, and getting the stubborn areas, then following up with a towel to finish the job.

While some people will use the Sidekick Dryer to get it to 99%, having used one on my Raptor, I would say that it is not really efficient to try and use it to completely dry.

The Master Blaster Revolution, however, moves a ton of air, and is definitely capable of efficiently drying an entire truck.

I may give the sidekick a try, I own many Adams products including drying waffle towels. Maybe the combination of the two will make it a perfect combo. Paying 400$ for something I won't use often just isn't in the cards for me.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I may give the sidekick a try, I own many Adams products including drying waffle towels. Maybe the combination of the two will make it a perfect combo. Paying 400$ for something I won't use often just isn't in the cards for me.

I have no doubt that you will find the Sidekick Dryer to be a very useful tool for drying your truck.

It will certainly remove a good portion of the water before you go back with a towel, but the real advantage is not having those pesky areas drip water after you are done.

Don't forget to use the Father's Day Sale discount code DAD17 to save 15%, bringing the cost down to $67.99.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt that you will find the Sidekick Dryer to be a very useful tool for drying your truck.

It will certainly remove a good portion of the water before you go back with a towel, but the real advantage is not having those pesky areas drip water after you are done.

Don't forget to use the Father's Day Sale discount code DAD17 to save 15%, bringing the cost down to $67.99.

Will do thanks for the info and discount.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Master Blaster makes those plastic leaf blowers look like a joke. There is no comparison whatsoever. If you have a good sealer on your car/truck, you don't even need to use a towel. It's so powerful it's almost dangerous. Well worth the $, the only bummer is it does need to be plugged in.

That Dude

Reaction score

I tried using the code tonight but it gave me an error saying it's invalid. Has the code already expired?

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score

True assessment of the SideKick. I have one and love it, but I think I'm still going to upgrade!